cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonofagunk
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Since Security Center is using 3.7 GIGS of my memory, I guess you do not support windows 7?

I have a new computer right out of the box and the first thing I did was put on SecurityCenter.  WHAT A MISTAKE.  There seems to be some horrible memory leaks and everyday my computer comes to a scretching halt where I have to kill mcagent.exe to regain my memory (since it is using 3.7 Gigs of the 4.0 I have).  Any ideas when windows 7 will actually be supported?  My subscirption ends today, so there is really no need to renew if it doesn't work (and basically makes my new computer slower than my 5 year old one)

6 Replies
DoZe
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Re: Since Security Center is using 3.7 GIGS of my memory, I guess you do not support windows 7?

I use McAfee Internet Security on windows 7 also but i don't have this problem(i didn't hear this before either) ,mcagent.exe uses only 3.7 MB, are you sure your's uses 3.7GB and not MB ? since i find it hard to believe it can even "suck up" that much memory, can you post a screen shot ?

on 4/7/10 4:03:54 AM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 7

Re: Since Security Center is using 3.7 GIGS of my memory, I guess you do not support windows 7?

Have to agree Mcagent uses 2.2Mb memory when idle and 22Mb when updates coming in. This on win 7 64bit. Please post a pic of the task manager showing the use. If it is so your SC install maybe corrupt.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 8/04/10 6:48:37 AM
sonofagunk
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

yes, it is GIG's.  I know the difference.  Physical memory usage is at 97% where mcagent.exe is using 3.7 GIG's.  I kill the process, and memory usage goes down to around 5%.  Huge memory leak.  Just sit there and watch it build.  Would post a screen shot, but I had to uninstall it because my computer was useless with it.  People using Windows 7 beware!!!

sonofagunk
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

actually, I just found an older one where is it ONLY using about 2.7 GIG's

Dinz
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

Please contact mcafee technical support from here so that they remotely access your computer and diagnose the issue and fix it for you.

Regards,
Dinesh K

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 7

Agreed something is very strange there. Try the chat path as Dinz says.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community