cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobchmara
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Select locations to scan for scheduled scan

I have the Comcast version of Security Center v8.1. It's currently configured to run a scheduled scan each Saturday at 2AM. The scan inspects two internal drives, plus two external USB drives. Between the four drives, I have about 2TB of disk space and the scan takes approximately 14 hours. The two external drives are for backup purposes and I don't really want to scan them as part of the scheduled scan. However, I don't see any way to limit the locations that the scheduled scan inspects. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help.
3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

RE: Select locations to scan for scheduled scan

Unfortunately that ability was removed 2 or 3 versions back. Until our frequent suggestions to reinstate it are fulfilled you'll have to disconnect those external drives.

You can choose when doing a manual scan however, so you may wish to do that and cancel the scheduled one.
bobchmara
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Peter. The backups run automatically at night so instead of disconnecting the drives, I'll run a manual scan each week. At least with the manual scan I can specify the drives I want to scan.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Good idea. Moved to the solved area.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community