cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dooper
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

SecurityCenter not functioning correctly

I recently renewed my subscription to McAfee SecurityCenter. As part of this, I had to download and install a new version of it from the website. After the installation, nothing in the software is functioning correctly.

Firstly I am unable to run a virus scan. On clicking "Scan your PC", the program says:

[__VSOs:*_RUN_SCAN not a resource]

[__VSOs:*_RUN_SCAN_INFO not a resource]

[__VSOs:IDS_DIAMOND_JS_SCAN_YOUR_PC_DESC not a resource]

[__VSOs:*_RUN_SCAN_INFOVIZ_QUICKSCAN not a resource]

[__VSOs:*_RUN_QUICK_SCAN_INFO not a resource]

[__VSOs:*_RUN_SCAN_INFOVIZ_FULLSCAN not a resource]

[__VSOs:*_RUN_FULL_SCAN_INFO not a resource]

[__VSOs:*_RUN_SCAN_INFOVIZ_CUSTOMSCAN not a resource]

[__VSOs:*_RUN_CUSTOM_SCAN_INFO not a resource]

Next, the Real-Time Scanning never finishes loading, it just keeps saying Real-Time scanning Starting...and it never starts.

Also I am unable to run the McAfee Update function. After pressing the button to Check for Updates, it says "McAfee Cannot Update Your Software". My internet connection is fine.

I have tried using the McAfee Virtual Technician. In the Results it says:

McAfee Virtual Technician cannot fix these problems.

Results:

VirusScan - McAfee SecurityCenter 16.8.821

Problem: Missing files (11)

I am running Windows XP 32bit edition. Any help would be greatfully recieved!

2 Replies
user_118535
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: SecurityCenter not functioning correctly

Its better if you can upgrade the operating system. Kindly refer to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/end-support-help.

Regards,

Manoj

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 3

Re: SecurityCenter not functioning correctly

I second Manoj's advice. After the EOL date, your product no longer receives updates or upgrades, and DAT updates will eventually cease. McAfee recommends you upgrade your operating system.

You may refer the official document in the link below:

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?articleId=TS102012&pf=1&_afrLoop=402...

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community