Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csc32
Former Member
Message 11 of 19

Re: Security Update Settings: Notification Not Working

karthiks,

On 3/12/13, I did a full re-install of McAfee Security Center.

Then followed your instructions above and ran the MSCPRXFIX from the Link you provided.

I did recieve an Update on 3/13/13, and then nothing more for three days.
So today I ran MSCPRXFIX again and received an Update:

Capture.JPG

Update Settings is still set to Download and Install Updates Automatically.

Will now wait to see if I receive daily Updates or if MSCPRXFIX is required again indicating an underlying problem.

csc32

Message was edited by: csc32 on 3/17/13 10:21:43 AM CDT
karthiks
Former Member
Message 12 of 19

csc32,

Kindly wait for 2 to 3 days and then check the last update. If it’s not getting updated let me know before you use the MSCPRXFIX.

csc32
Former Member
Message 13 of 19

Karthik,

If the 'About' screen is an indication I have been receiving updates for the past three days and my machine has the latest update.

Capture1.JPG

I have now changed Update Settings to Notify me when updates are available.

Will now wait to see if the 'notification' works.

- csc32

karthiks
Former Member
Message 14 of 19

csc32,

Thanks for the information, it seems the auto update is working fine. Let me know if you see notification problem, will check what can be done on this issue

csc32
Former Member
Message 15 of 19

The 'Notify me when updates are available' setting is NOT working.

Manual Update is NOT working; just hangs (spinning icon).  If I select 'Hide', McAfee pop-up says it will notifiy me when update completes; never does.

- csc32

karthiks
Former Member
Message 16 of 19

I have sent you a private message asking for some details, please reply back

csc32
Former Member
Message 17 of 19

Karthik,

Thank you for your offer of assistance, but I do not permit remote access to my machine.
Because of this problem and other issues I'm having with McAfee Security Center (particularly SiteAdvisor * ) I have uninstalled McAfee and using another Security suite.

I will be happy to go back to McAfee once I learn these problems have been resolved.

* - https://community.mcafee.com/thread/52286?start=100&tstart=0

- csc32

karthiks
Former Member
Message 18 of 19

I understand your stress, in regards to this issue without controlling the machine remotely it is difficult to find out the cause of the issue. Because this issue seems new to McAfee and no one has reported so far. If you are ready for the remote access let me know via PM (private message) so that I will do my best.

On the other hand regards to SA issue, I believe the SA team is working towards the resolution .

csc32
Former Member
Message 19 of 19

I see McAfee has identified the SiteAdvisor problem I have with their product.  Now if they could only identify and fix this update Notification problem I would go back to using McAfee Security Center. https://community.mcafee.com/thread/52286?start=0&tstart=0

- csc32

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community