cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KYKaren
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Security History does not list a full scan that I just did.

I just did a full scan and it competed.  However, Security History does not list the scan.   So, I did the full scan again.  Security History still does not list the scan.  I updated McAfee.  Still the full scan is not in Security History.  I restarted the laptop.  Still the full scan is not in Security History.

I do a full scan once a weelk. When I filter for Scans in Security Hisotry, all of the other scans that have occurred are listed.

Is there any way to solve this problem?  Or is there a bug in this build of the McAfee Security Center?

4 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 5

Re: Security History does not list a full scan that I just did.

Hi @KYKaren 

Greetings from McAfee!!!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please let us know the answers for the below questions.

May I know the McAfee version and windows version?

Could you please share the screenshot of the issue. 

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

KYKaren
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Here is the McAfee version, the screen from Security History, and the Windows Version.  McAfee is up-to-date. (Updates are automatically installed).

As you can see, I've done weekly full scans, the last of which was May 12, 2023, but that one is not listed. I did it two times. The first started about 10:45 pm and the 2nd one started about 11:45 pm.  The message for each one was that it had completed.  Some 750k files were scanned each of these two times.

McAfee version.pngMcAfee Security History.pngWindows version.png

Here is the Security History info on the last scan that is listed -- the one on May  6, 2023 -- a week ago.  There should be info like this for the full scan(s) on May 12, 2023, but there is none.  Even closing McAfee and opening again does not bring up an entry for May 12.  Neither does restarting the PC.  Even today (a day later), there is no entry for May 12.  It seems McAfee never recorded. it.

Last scan in Security History.JPG

I have another PC.  The McAfee 'About' screen is the same as the one above.  The Windows 'specification screen' is the same as the one above.  The Security History on the other PC DOES list the May 12 full scan.  Here is a screenshot of that entry.

Security History entry for full scan on the other PC on May 12.jpg

Venkat_YM
Message 4 of 5

Hi @KYKaren 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly check the private message for further details.

Regards,
Venkat

KYKaren
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I did my weekly full scan early this morning. 5/20/'23.  It completed and Security History lists the scan this time.  (2nd image). So, it appears that it was a fluke last week (5/12/'23) that Security History did not report that full scan.  The McAfee version is the same as last week (1st image), but the engine version and engine creation date are different (3rd image).same McAfee version.JPGnew McAfee Security History .JPGnew last scan in Security History.JPG

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community