cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jane37
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Security Centre message on start up

I'm hoping someone can help me, I have recently update my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and seem to be having a problem with McAfee. Every time I put my computer on I get this

Mcafee.JPG

appearing on my screen. The security software is all working and when I contacted McAfee's live help they accessed my computer check it all and told me that it is working fine, yet this still keeps appearing. Has anyone else had this problem, if so how did you fix it? I really would appreciate any suggestions as to how to rectify this problem, thanks in advance.

4 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Security Centre message on start up

If I may, ask you if you uninstalled your McAfee Security before 'Upgrading' to Windows 10? As with all Service Packs/Major OS Upgrades I have always done so. Having said this, there is a 'FAQ' which states Microsoft will automatically notice the Anti-Virus during installation.

This may indeed be the case why you received such: How to prepare a computer running a McAfee Security Suite for migration to Windows 10

Personally, as I stated I always indeed have 'Uninstalled/Reinstalled immediately afterwards. And have experienced no issues.

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 5

I would also ask what is the version and build of your McAfee security center?

jane37
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

I didn't uninstall this as from what I'd seen before the upgrade was that there was no need to do so. If that is the problem then it's likely too late to be fixed.

jane37
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

the version is 14.0 and build is 14.0 4113

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community