Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick200
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Security Center problems post-install

Kia ora

Hope someone can help - I'm running into some problems post-install with Windows 7 64 bit (all the latest patches applied).

First, I ran the updates check, only to be told that there was no internet connection.  That is manifestly not so, as I can access the internet and can post here.  But, for some reason, Security Center is not connecting.  I can't see any immediate cause for that.

Secondly, I treid to access the Quick Clean utility (which I know is a separate post-install download as I had to do that on my other 32-bit system).  But there is no hint that it is available under the navigation pane as a download.  This is no doubt related to Securty Center's inability to see the Internet.

Third, I downloaded the Virtual Technician, which install fines only to crash during the post-install update.  I've sent the crash report to Microsoft but the Action Centre does not find any solution.

Any suggestions?  I suspect I may have to do a full uninstall and re-install.  Before I do that, does anyone have a better solution?  And will my subscription data be retained (I've been caught out like that before!)?

Let me know if you need any other system information to help.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: Security Center problems post-install

Hi Nick,

Sorry for the late reply , Could you please let me know the following information ;

Did we install the programs from cd or from my account section in the website ?
Do we have any other security software installed in the machine ?

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community