cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davehorne
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Security Center and Vista SP2

It seems that Microsoft will be releasing Service Pack 2 for Vista some time soon. To save yourself headaches when installing that SP2, be sure to turn off your antivirus and firewall; that was the only way for me to install SP1.

Just passing this on.
4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

RE: Security Center and Vista SP2

Thanks Dave. Instructions similar to what I posted for SP1 here: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=220206
davehorne
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Ex_Brit, it might not be a bad idea to keep a 'sticky' re McAfee (and all other antivirus programs for that matter) and Vista SP2 in this and other McAfee forums.

I wasted at least 45 minutes the first time around when SP1 didn't stick to the hard drive and the entire process had to be 'reverted'. Just a thought. DH
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

When the time comes for its public release I'll look at it. Things that important usually get their own sticky.
davehorne
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

I just read that it will be released next week.

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2236947/microsoft-readies-windows-vista

I don't believe everything I read though.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community