Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eugemac
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Security Center Showing blank screen

Hello,

all of a sudden my security center oppens up with a blank look and i can not reach any of the menu.

I have rebooted

closed all programs

tried McAfee virtual tech support

any ideas

thanks in advance

attached is a file with picture

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Security Center Showing blank screen

Are you using a beta browser, in particular IE9 beta?   If so please uninstall it.

See this document regarding IE9:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1779

If you aren't then try the following:

As McAfee SecurityCenter relies on a fully functional Internet Explorer, up to date and set at its default settings whether it is the default browser or not, open Internet Explorer and go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click Reset, Apply and OK and OK any prompts.

Close and reopen I.E. and go to Tools/Manage Add-ons and re-enable the add-ons.

Hopefully it will now work.

If not I need more information such as your operating system, service pack, browser(s) and versions etc.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/12/10 7:55:31 CST PM
eugemac
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Thanks so much Ex-Brit, it was the IE 9 and your solution worked.  It will probably solve some of the other pesky issues i was having with other programs.

Thanks for your prompt answer and for your apparent devotion to this community, 21,000 posts? That is just mind blowing, for a volunteer?

If you ever come towards Washington DC send me an email ahead, I owe you a drink!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

43,018 posts actually....LOL

Thanks for the offer and glad to help.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 04/12/10 7:00:11 CST AM
eugemac
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

OK now I am worried about you!

It is fairly strange, in the "reading" portion of the forum it says 43,000 and that is what I initially posted. But in the area that i am in now, the "reply" area, your last post below shows 20,994 responses.  I thought i had make a mistake and corrected.

I guess i have to up my offer to two drinks...it is the only fair thing to do! 

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

You are right, I'll have to point out that small discrepancy to the powers that be.   Thanks and all the best. 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community