cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
captfbgnet
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

SecCtr 9 to SecCtr 10 upgrade for registered usrs?

Windows 7 32-bit

Will registered users of SecurityCenter 9 be offered a FREE automatic upgrade to version 10 at some point? If so, when and how wll this be done? (Have a 3 yr subscription from Dell)  Tried a search on this topic, but no joy. TIA

4 Replies
Geode
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: SecCtr 9 to SecCtr 10 upgrade for registered usrs?

imho, don't upgrage to 2010 yet.  2009 works.  2010 is buggy at best.  Just look at the other posts in this area.  Maybe it is working for some, but why risk becoming another beta tester?

After reinstalling XP from scratch, I'm still experiencing the pegging the processorer/unresponsive system on startup issue AND the McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown issue.

I figure I will have to put up with this until they fix it and push out the fix.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Yes they will as long as their subscription is current.   It will be an update for everyone and unavoidable.

captfbgnet wrote:

Windows 7 32-bit

Will registered users of SecurityCenter 9 be offered a FREE automatic upgrade to version 10 at some point? If so, when and how wll this be done? (Have a 3 yr subscription from Dell)  Tried a search on this topic, but no joy. TIA

dlbb667
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

My one computer is 64bit and just upgraded to Security Center 10. My laptop is a 32bit and won't upgrade.  So I'm guessing that only 64bit computers are being upgraded.  Is that correct?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

No that isn't correct.  The upgrade is slowly being released so machines linked to different servers will update at different times.  But all will eventually be updated.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community