cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hopeless1
Former Member
Message 1 of 39

Scheduled scans?

Can anyone figure out for me why my scheduled scan is not coming on? I had it set for Fridays 6:10 AM but nothing happens. Then I changed it to 6:59 today and it still didn't come on. I checked my clock panel  it's reading 7:13 a.m. may 21, 2010. the time zone is Eastern and set for daylight time. What else do I need to do?

PS  before McAfee updated recently to securitycenter 10-2010  the schedule worked ok

Message was edited by: hopeless1 on 5/21/10 6:18:04 AM GMT-05:00
38 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 39

Re: Scheduled scans?

Hi,

Please follow the below prompts and schedule the scan

Check and delete if you have any other security software in control panel and in C:\progam files & common files.
Restart your computer once after scheduling your scan and check if the scan starts as scheduled after the restart.

Kindly let me know the status , Im eager to check if this gets resolved.

Moving thread to virus scan 14 2010

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

hopeless1
Former Member
Message 3 of 39

McAfee is the only security software. I reset scheduled scan - restarted computer.   and waited.  No scan occurred. Unless the GMT (5:00) is incorrect for Eastern daylight time, (when I look at my clock; date and time properties) 

There is no problem with manual scanning.   (running Win xp serv pk 3   ie 8.0.6)

Message was edited by: hopeless1 on 5/22/10 5:37:38 AM GMT-05:00
wmcmath
Former Member
Message 4 of 39

I have a similar problem.  When I reset the scheduled time and close the McAfee window, the schedule reverts to the initial setting.  And I also have no problem with manual scanning.

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 39

When you change the settings on your scheduled scan such as the time that you want it to run, are you remembering to click the Apply button to save the changes that you have made?

wmcmath
Former Member
Message 6 of 39

Yes, of course.  I re-installed the program and things seem to be working all right.  I believe my problem was related to security settings in Windows, which I resolved.

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 39

Hopeless1,

Are you still having issues?

wmcmath,

Glad to hear you are no longer having an issue with the scheduled scan. Let us know if you need help again down the road.

on 5/22/10 1:01:22 PM EDT
hopeless1
Former Member
Message 8 of 39

Still having problemss - my scheduled scan was set to come on at 6:20 A.M today, didn't do it.  But it came on at 2:20 P.M.  so something is wrong.

It used to work before the latest upgrade - I had installed (from disk)  McAfee anti-virus Plus 2010 at the end of January, but it didn't change to Virus Scan 14.0  and Security Center 10.0 until May 12, 2010  for some reason.

The Geek that services my computer had to fix the McAfee april 21 dat problem in the Host file - maybe that caused my problem?

Or the GMT being 5:00 in my clock date and time properties  (but it says Eastern, US and Canada). We're east coast USA

Thanks for asking  at the moment I just turned off the automatic. I usually manually scan at least every other day anyhow.

---------edited below

I just noticed the date stamp on this post - it looks incorrect. So this edit right now in daylight savings time  my time is 3:42pm

Message was edited by: hopeless1 on 5/22/10 2:42:52 PM GMT-05:00
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 39

Hopeless1,

You may be entitled to some sort of compensation regarding April 21 dat issue. http://us.mcafee.com/en-us/landingpages/np5959.asp?cid=77596

As for your scheduled scan issue, why not try uninstalling from Add/Remove programs and reboot, then run the MCPR removal tool found at the top of this page under Useful Links and reboot, then login to your online McAfee account and download your software and see if the problem is resolved.

Good Luck

on 5/22/10 3:43:35 PM EDT

Message was edited by: k3tg on 5/22/10 3:46:33 PM EDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 39

There is a known issue with schedules (both scans and updates) in the new interface.   It backs off if there is CPU activity, unfortunately this makes it appear not to be working at all.  It will eventually kick in.

They are working on a fix or perhaps a way of controlling it.

We've made sure the powers that be know it's becoming a major issue.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community