cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakkhack
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

STK014 Camera Trojan

I tried to install the driver for my camera on the CD that came with it, but during installation, McAfee alerted me that it had removed 2 trojans (both Generic.dx) and 1 PUP (Generic PUP.g)

I saw something somewhere else that said that it might be adware or spyware, but is that true?

This is the only camera I have that really works so if anyone can help me out that would be great.

I'm not exactly sure what camera model it is, I got it from my stepmother when I was younger but I think the driver came with some kind of camera suite from ArcSoft.

I can still take the video off of it from a different software, but it would be nice to know why it was removed.
3 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

RE: STK014 Camera Trojan

Hi,
Please clarify,
What is the version of camera suite from Arc Soft you use ?
Can you provide the exe file which is been detected as infection (Generic.dx) and 1 PUP (Generic Pup’s)?
jakkhack
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

RE

It says version 1.0 on the CD, and the file names are:

stk07996.rra (Generic.dx Trojan)
stk0bf6.rra (Generic.dx Trojan)

The PUP is no longer on the Restore list.
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

RE: RE

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I feel we have to submit this file to Avert. For further analyzing to summit the file to Avert make a use of the following Document ID: TS100095 {http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100095&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777216&turl==http%3A%2F%2Fkb.mcafee.com%2Finfocenter%2Findex%3Fpage%3Dcontent%26id%3DTS100095%26actp%3Dsearch}
And update me on the status.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community