cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maggie107uk
Contributor III
Message 1 of 3

Risky Connections

Hope someone can shed some light on this issue . The other day when I was connecting to skype a box appeared and said I was trying to attempt a risky connection skype still connected no problem and i just clicked the x off the popup box . When I looked in mcafee it said risky connections attempted 1 risky connections blocked 1. I didnt really think much about it but today I looked in mcafee and to my surprised there was 9 risky connections attempted and 9 blocked I havent had a popup box saying anything to me. I have done a full scan and pc is clean. I havent being going anywhere on the web that I dont normally go on. So i thought ok I will visit everywhere I normally go and see if any more risky attempts but nothing is showing I cant understand and is me me attempting to connect or is it someone trying to connect to my pc? I rang mcafee and they said do a scan and if its clear then its nothing to worry about but this has never happened before.  Should I be worried that someone is trying to hack my pc? Can anyone shed some light on this please for me.

Thanks in advance

Maggie

ps sorry if this post is in the wrong place if it is can someone put it where it should be

2 Replies
maggie107uk
Contributor III
Message 2 of 3

Re: Risky Connections

hi anyone got any ideas? please

tripodzid
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Risky Connections

It seems like your McAfee have already scanned your computer and have cleaned everything that needs to be wiped out. That is why you no longer see any risk connections.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community