cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mavinster
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Replacing a new computer, do I have to buy a new CD?

Hi,

I'm not sure this is entirely the right place to put this but I couldn't find anywhere more appropriate.

I currently have two computers covered by McAfee Security Center, Virus Scan, Personal Firewall, Anti-Spam, Site Advisor, Parental Controls & Backup and Restore. As I subscribe I have the latest versions of all of this.

However my main computer has recently given up the ghost and is now unusable. I am in the process of replacing it.

Obviously I would like to download the Security Center etc to my new computer and continue subscribing.

However when I wrote to customer support they said that, as I had the 2003 CD version of McAfee I would have to buy another CD, even though I am a subscriber which doesn't seem right.

Can anyone help me with this, as I'm a bit confused?
2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

RE: Replacing a new computer, do I have to buy a new CD?

We have no access to accounts here unfortunately and those questions are best answered by sales. You'd best contact Customer Service again through the link second from the left at the top of this page.

Try phoning them - it's a London number:

Telephone Customer Service

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call 020 79490107. You may be asked for your registered email address and order number. Telephone charges may apply.
Estimated wait time: 10-30 minutes
Hours of Operation: 09.00-18.00 local, Monday through Friday

I would have thought that it would simply be like uninstalling from one machine and installing on another.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

RE: Replacing a new computer, do I have to buy a new CD?

If you have a registered subscription of McAfee then you must be able to get the products to download on your account but if you had only opted for DAT renewal and as such then you have have to buy a suite..

Check this before installing
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community