Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edufrnslv
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Renew your McAfee

Jump to solution

A few months ago I had a problem with McAfee Internet Security 10.

I contacted McAfee Help Desk by phone in March, we follow a series of testing with no success whatsoever due to several issues reported in all protocols that were openned.

Later then I had received a McAfee 24-month Free Renewal Offer by May but at the same time I have completed my 3-user license renew done by my credit card.

This situation took me to call and contact back the McAfee Support Services by 14-JUN in order to explain the situation and request for a refund.

Unfortunatelly this week I saw my PCs McAfee logo to display an " ! " inside the McAfee logo located close by the PC clock icon on the right hand side of the display;I then click and there was a message " Renew your McAfee" as it license was expired . You have no protection.

However, McAfee employee on the phone a month ago had renew it and took care of the refund to my credit card account.

Very disapointing.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dinz
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Re: Renew your McAfee

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Verifying your records , there exists two mcafee products, One that is refunded and the other , an active one (McAfee Internet security)
Run the mcafee removal tool from this link :
mcpr (this will remove all existing mcafee products) & restart the computer.
Login to account page from here :
http://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp  and reinstall McAfee internet security suite you should be alright .

I’m on the top of this one, Let me know if any concerns

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

Could you send me a private message with the email address that was used to register your McAfee products renewal. Please do not post the email address here due to security reasons.

Regards,
Dinesh K

edufrnslv
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi There, how can I private reply from this tool. Not sure if I have your e-mail address.

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

To send Dinz a private message, click on his Avatar emblem and then look to your right on the page where it says to send a private message and you can contact him from there.

edufrnslv
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

I have responded to you privately with my e-mail address.

However, your response did not arrived yet.

I have faced the message on my PC Mcafee as your program is at risk, informing the program license would expire on 14-JULY.

Today, the program is not operational.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Verifying your records , there exists two mcafee products, One that is refunded and the other , an active one (McAfee Internet security)
Run the mcafee removal tool from this link :
mcpr (this will remove all existing mcafee products) & restart the computer.
Login to account page from here :
http://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp  and reinstall McAfee internet security suite you should be alright .

I’m on the top of this one, Let me know if any concerns

Regards,
Dinesh K

edufrnslv
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Yes, thanks for the information. The painfull message indeed stop showing around.

However the anti-spam tool bar on the MS Outook is where is supposed to be but no matter if I selected an new e-mail address to mark it as an spam, the same adddress arrives again and again with spam in my inbox and is not sent to the place where all spams are supposed to get in the inbox of MS Outlook....

Please access message posted by my user in the last few weeks mentioning this issue to confirm how happy I was with this new issue...

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community