cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccoope5
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

RealPlayer11 with SecurityCentre 9 Help

Unable to download video, no real player download popup. Unable to download off right click. Running Vista Home Premium SP1, IE 8. How do I config, thanks. Apr 6 ... I don't know, went back to IE 7 and real player 11 works. Good enough for now. Note that under IE 7 I had McAfee toolbar disabled.
6 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

RE: RealPlayer11 with SecurityCentre 9 Help

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience do you still have the issue in the Real player?

Try to update the Real player and make sure you have the full permission to the Real player in the Mcafee Firewall program permission (Click on internet and network-> click on configure ->click on the advance button under the Firewall protection enabled->program permission-> check if the Real player is given the full permission)
ccoope5
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Hi, thanks for taking the time to offer your input. I had made sure that realplayer11 was current and that the realplayer exe had full access in the firewall. I don't know if it was the best choice but only worked upon removing McAfee from the toolbar. I went back to IE8 last night and realplayer 11 continues to work when McAfee not in the toolbar
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

RE: RealPlayer11 with SecurityCentre 9 Help

Are you trying to disable the McAfee site advisor tool bar? If yes then it’s not recommended. Basically this might be an issue with Tool bar so try to disable/remove third party toolbar (Comcast, Google etc….).
Run the IE Regfix and check if the issue is resolved
http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/IERegFix.bat
ccoope5
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

RealPlayer11 with SecurityCentre 9

Hi, My IE add-ons show McAfee SiteAdviser BHO, scriptproxy and McAfee Phishing Filter ENABLED. Yes without thinking it through I disabled the site adviser toolbar and checking now I don't see it or perhaps don't know where the site advisor toolbar is to reactivate.
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

RE: RealPlayer11 with SecurityCentre 9

Hi,

Make sure you have the check mark in enable third party browser extension (open Internet Explorer click on tool -Internet option – advance tab-under the Browsing tab- Enable third party browser extension should be cheeked)
Make sure yahoo tool bar Ad-ons is also enabled. happy
ccoope5
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for sticking with me, check mark was enabled for third party browser extension. I have neither Yahoo Toolbar installed under program features or under IE 8 manage add ons. I'm guessing it would need to be installed from a specific site as I know service providers and companies customise for their needs. The only tool bar I have installed and ENABLED under IE ADD ONS is Sympatico MSN? I figured I'd try live chat for the
1st time. After checking to confirm it had definitely been uninstalled by me, I was directed to www.siteadvisor.com to download and install and I've got the yahoo toolbar and siteadvisor back and working. Now back to no realplayer download popup. Do you still recommend removing 3rd party toolbars and running IE Regfix? Problem resolved, uninstalled all other toolbars. Then today with a cleanup guess I went to tools/manage add-ons/search providers and removed all providers except Yahoo. Realplayer11 now displaying pop-up and will download video. Thanks
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community