cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 121 of 150

Re: Real time scanning keeps turning off and virtual tech cant fix

Well add this idea into the ideas area. I for 1 would like and uninstall button that does it all as you mentioned.

https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/ideas

I would vote it up. The developers are reading this area so worth posting an idea there.

astor
Contributor II
Message 122 of 150

Peacekeeper wrote:

Well add this idea into the ideas area. I for 1 would like and uninstall button that does it all as you mentioned.

https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/ideas

I would vote it up. The developers are reading this area so worth posting an idea there.

Done!

Peacekeeper
Message 123 of 150

Bumped

mike66
Former Member
Message 124 of 150

I have a Win7 64 bit desktop.I get my AV from my ISP,who recently dumped F-secure for Mcafee.I never had any issues with F-secure,but right off the hop,I keep getting "real time scanning is off" warnings on a random basis,several times a day.I have searched my list of programs,and there is nothing else installed to conflict with McAfee.My ISP suggested running an F-secure uninstall app,which I did.After rebooting,I then uninstalled Mcafee from the Programs and Features menu.I then ran the Mcafee uninstall utility,followed by the Preinstall Mcafee utility.Finally,I downloaded and installed a fresh copy of Mcafee from my ISP's website.After all that,I still see the damned "real time scanning is off" message. I am not computer illiterate,but I am not a techie either. Is there something I haven't done I should have?Almost forgot to mention I have run MVT several times without results.

Message was edited by: mike66 on 11/20/11 3:11:19 PM CST

Message was edited by: mike66 on 11/20/11 3:30:44 PM CST
Peacekeeper
Message 125 of 150

Well the only thing you have not done is here

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101225

Do a manual update and then if no go run the oas disabled utility.

mike66
Former Member
Message 126 of 150

Thanks,but I did a manual update as well.When I click on the link for the oas disabled utility,all I see is a blank white page with the following text:

error msg.jpg

ventriloquist
Former Member
Message 127 of 150

Was it raining the day you did the install?

I'm sorry to be flippant, but I'm beginning to wonder if anyone knows the answer.

Did MVT tell you that you install was OK?  The message I got clearly showed a faulty install, hence my comments about permissions.  This is OK for me on XP, W7 is outside of my experience.

Your problem seems different to mine in that real time scanning stayed turned on for less than half a minute. Yours seems to stay on most of the time.

I think i is time to post an idea that the install checks itself for completeness (like MVT) and runs oas-disabled-fix.cmd as part of one operation seamless to the user.

Peacekeeper
Message 128 of 150

Did you run it as admin as the faq says?

Right click the link choose save link as and save it. If named as .txt as mine was rename to original name and then right click run as admin.

mike66
Former Member
Message 129 of 150

I think we may be making progress.I did the "save link as" thing,and renamed it so as to take the .txt off the end.I then ran it as an administrator.That caused a dos window to open,and I immediately got the "your computer is at risk" popup.The next popup which states "real time scanning is off" came up,and it said: "your real time scanning is starting up".It did start up,and I minimized everything.Nobody said the oas disabled fix cmd was a string of script-I thought it would be a program with .exe at the end.I will post an update if I see the warning popup again,or if the problem is fixed. Thank you for your help in this matter!

Message was edited by: mike66 on 11/21/11 5:05:51 PM CST
Peacekeeper
Message 130 of 150

yeah the cmd path tricked me for a while.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community