Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_161190
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Real Time Scanning is off

Please help.

I have been having issues on and off for the last few weeks. Last time software appeared on my husbands PC that I had not installed. Even though this was obviusly a threat McAfee kept saying that everything was fine.

Eventually I did a system restore to remove the trouble software (Malware Doc or something).

Now today thecomputer was acting a liitle strange (the time and date were not set correctly) and McAfee started to flash to say that Real time scanning is off and every time I try to enable it lasts a few seconds and disables. I used my own laptop to do some searching for troubleshooting steps but the service was started and I had no other anti virus on the PC.

In the end I installed Malware Bites to search and remove possible registry threats which it did but as its the free version there is no real time scanning and McAffe's still won;t switch off.

Can anyone help with this? Thanks in advance

2 Replies
newjack
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Real Time Scanning is off

Not sure what malwarebytes found.But it may have been something that screwed up your Mcafee security.If you go under usful links at the top of this page.You can run the MVT to see if everything is installed.IF not you may have to uninstall and reinstall.Run mvt i think it`s under tech support (useful links) then see what it says.If you need help reinstalling post back.Or you could do a tech support chat also under useful links.

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Real Time Scanning is off

I believe you should try to uninstall via Add/Remove programs and reboot the computer. Go to Useful Links at the top of this page and run the MCPR removal tool which will remove any remaining traces of McAfee that may be left behind that Add/Remove fail to completely remove and reboot again.

Then follow the instructions in this link and be sure to run the McAfee preinstall tool included in this link http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100119 and see if your issue is finally resolved.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community