cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newjack
Former Member
Message 1 of 11

Questions about Mcafee & Windows UAC Promts

I have a question as to why everytime I log Into My Administrator Account I recieve a Windows UAC Prompt  & asks Do You want to Allow this program

To make changes to your Computer? I have noticed this for a few Months Now & I have been wanting to Post this. I cant capture with the snipping tool.

When I click to unhide the Info it says this ?"C:\Program files\Mcafee.com\Agent\Mcagent.exe"/Runkey   Thanks

10 Replies
newjack
Former Member
Message 2 of 11

Re: Questions about Mcafee & Windows UAC Promts

Anyone familiar with this UAC prompt when Logging In to Admin account? Or If it is even Legit? Or why this UAC promp would Auto pop up everytime I log into my Administrator account?

newjack
Former Member
Message 3 of 11

I guess there is Know answer.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 11

I haven't experienced that logging into any of my Administrator accounts - assuming you mean the actual "Administrator" account, which by default is either disabled or hidden depending on which OS you are using?

Have you altered any of the McAfee components by right-clicking them in Windows Explorer and on the Compatibility Tab checking the 'Run as Administrator' box?  If so, uncheck it.

Also do you use  a registry cleaner?   They are infamous for corrupting just about any software by removing bits of it they regard as useless.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 12/03/12 9:30:48 EDT AM
newjack
Former Member
Message 5 of 11

I will check that out.But I never checked or unchecked anything.Mcafee Installed this way.Similiar to when I have done Reinstalls in the past.Mcafee firewall will Install as full access!We have talked about this in the past.But this Is another Issue Mcafee needs to look into.When installing Or reinstalling (which I have done Many times)Mcafee sets Firewall to Full Access.Just something You may want to pass along.I will check your other answer to see if it installed checked.Thanks

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 11

Technical Support may be of more help here I think.

newjack
Former Member
Message 7 of 11

Thanks Peter But No thanks.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 11

The Administrator account be default is hidden in all OS's.  Did you purposely enable it or did you create an account called by that name?

I have it enabled in all my accounts for ease of access to various aspects of the system but in my experience there are lots of popups when one first enters a new account no matter which one but most don't occur a second time.

Have you by any chance roght-clicked any McAfee component on ProgramFiles and under the compatibility tab tgold it to operate with Admin rights?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 11

I should add that I doubt this is a McAfee thing because Microsoft would frown on anything altering the way UAC behaves.

newjack
Former Member
Message 10 of 11

I was`nt placing blame on either company.I was saying that In all the time I had Mcafee I only recieved prompt when Clicking the Mcafee Icon.This prompt ran as soon as I logged In.

Yes I also have my Admin account available.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community