cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam8988378
Contributor
Message 31 of 61

Lancelot_one, are you the same lancelot from chatxtra?

Having problems even finding a "pm" icon here.
petitchoux
Former Member
Message 32 of 61

shutting off mcafee protection

that happened to me yesterday but it was the first time it ever did that. I thought I would also comment ...thought it might help them see that you are not the only one who's had that issue.
bluefox
Former Member
Message 33 of 61

This just started for me

This just started happening to me yesterday (5/12/2009) and continues today. Has anyone heard of any solutions for this?

Thanks,
CJ
http:www.bluefoxdevelopment.com
mldodson
Contributor
Message 34 of 61

RE: This just started for me

Same here! Happened for the first time around 10pm last night and has occurred multiple times through out the day.

Virtual Tech found no problems.

I used the live chat function. The person I reached insisted he couldn't help me until I contacted Gateway to find out what my email address was when I purchased my computer nearly 3 years ago. I asked what my old email address had to do with the price of tea and received no answer other than "I can't not help you with the informations you are not providing."

I hung up on HIM!

At least I'm not alone. That's some relief.

Like others I am frustrated and ready to purchase other protection and ditch McAfee!
mldodson
Contributor
Message 35 of 61

RE: This just started for me

Read on another thread where an Admin told someone this problem indicated malware on their computer and provided a link to www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php which I long ago installed and use.

So I ran a scan which found three items, two of which were called Disabled.Security Center. Cleared those and thought I was in the clear.

As I logged on here to share the good news...I got the notice again that my computer is not protected. No dice on the malware concept.

Clearly a McAfee issue. On my way to shop for a better service.
winterwarmer
Former Member
Message 36 of 61

Same problem here - protection getting switched off

I don't normally do 'me to' type messages but this is problem does not seem to be getting the attention that it deserves from McAfee so let me add my name to this list. I have again been seeing this over the last month or two - sometimes it seems to run for days without coming up, at other times it happens almost a soon as it has got through the fix cycle and got the green tick.

Like some earlier posters I am also running Mozy but that is another important part of my security regime so I am not going to disable that!

Please can someone resolve this problem. It getting switched off when you are in front of the computer just leaves a small window. If it gets switched off just after I have gone to bed and am leaving the PC on to do some overnight processing is a much bigger problem.

At the very least is there some way that it can automatically try to switch itself back on every minute / five minutes to at least reduce the size of the protection gap?

WW
nnarbonne
Contributor
Message 37 of 61

add me to the list!

Since I installed this year's McAfee... same problem. Each time security center wants to verify my program is up to date, even after just completing a scan.
So, there is really no answer and no solution from chat? Nice. Somehow that doesn't make me feel better about that big red x in the tray...
n
doogiefwtx
Former Member
Message 38 of 61

Not alone

Wow, I tought I was the only one with this issue. I have been doing anything and everything I know to try and fix the issue. I thought I had it fixed the other day and now it is back to the same problem.
SpaceBadger
Contributor
Message 39 of 61

Progress?

I hadn't received any notifications of replies to this topic for such a long time, I thought I come back and see if anyone was reporting good news.

Perhaps I might get notifications again from now on!

I've not had this problem for a few days now, but this has been my experience in the past. I've got my fingers crossed that it won't reoccur, but the lack of communication here makes me think that any progress is due to luck rather than a positive step to correct it.
rjoman
Former Member
Message 40 of 61

Me too -- Protection turns off

Hello all,

I guess I must join the club nobody wants to be a member of.

I have a new HP laptop running Vista Home Premium with all the updates installed. I installed Internet Security 2009 a few days ago and I get the same "you are not protected" message everyone is describing. Seems to be intermittent with no predictable cycle. I downloaded I.S. 2009 from the Internet so I hope I have the latest and greatest.

I share everyone's concern about not being protected. McAfee should get going on this one!!
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community