cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tutinqueuester5
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Problems activating Total Protection 2013

Please help me _ I simply cannot get   McAfee Total Protection 2013  which I purchased from Argos to activate. I installed it - or think I did - as I received an e-mail thanking me for choosing the product and telling me that it would expire in 2014 so I assume I've installed it correctly. . I've tried so hard to solve this but no success. Really angry to think that after buying McAfee each year and being successful in installing it I now find myself without protection despite paying good money. Please help. I have windows 7 and on Wireless.

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Problems activating Total Protection 2013

Sometimes activation fails over a wireless connection, not sure why.  Is it possible to use a wired one just for that?

I'm assuming the software is installed.  If it is then there must be a listing in Control Panel > Programs and the also must be an icon near the System Clock and /or on your desktop plus a listing in Start/All Programs.

This is Windows 7 SP1 I assume?    I hope it's up to date and another thing to update that you may not be aware of if you happen to be using another browser.  McAfee uses Internet Explorer, so it is always best to keep that current too, so IE10 is the latest version which you should have.

It might be best for you to ask Technical Support about this issue as they can help directly.  They are available free of charge by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community