Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdvd1231
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Problem with mcafee interface

Jump to solution

When I select "Open Security Center" all I get is this. I can't scan or anything. I tried reinstalling Mcafee but it did not work.What should I do?mcafee.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Re: Problem with mcafee interface

Jump to solution

That's what I thought...it isn't supported I'm afraid.  See:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1779

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/09/10 4:32:16 EDT PM

View solution in original post

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

The interface relies on Internet Explorer to work so what version of Internet Explorer is installed?   Open it and click Help/About and post the details.

Also what operating system and sevrice pack is this?

mdvd1231
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

The version of IE I have installed is Beta 9.0.7930, which i think is the newest release. That's actually around the time I noticed the interface was missing. I am running Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit version. So if I uninstall IE9 and go back to the previous version, will I see the interface again?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

That's what I thought...it isn't supported I'm afraid.  See:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1779

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/09/10 4:32:16 EDT PM
mdvd1231
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

oh ok. I didn't even know they worked together. i already uninstalled it and I'm back to normal. Thank you very very much.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Yes the McAfee interface is basically an IE page.  It will eventually work OK once IE9 is final.  It's just so much changes with betas that one minute it works and the next it doesn't so there isn't much point in the designers constantly trying to fix it, best to wait and see what's in the final version.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community