cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thoru
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Problem with an .exe file (not sure if right place to post)

Hi, I've been having a problem that I noticed a few days ago, don't know how long I've actually had it, with this McAfee file, can anyone guess? No?  Well, it's the, I reckon, infamous mfevtps.exe just eating ALL the ram I have and I don't know how many hours I've spent scourging the internet for solutions and using the little knowledge I have myself on such problems, and, well, I'm all out, I have no idea.

I seriously need some help here, because it has been able to take up 11GB RAM of a total of 16, and that is just too much.

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: Problem with an .exe file (not sure if right place to post)

What McAfee product do you have installed please?

thoru
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

I only have McAfee Internet Security, Virtual Technician and Online Backup (?) hope that answers it.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

Checked for malware using Malwarebytes Free (for starters) linked in the last link in my signature below.

If you find none,I would open a case with Techynical Support, linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

It's free by phone or online chat.

thoru
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Found supposedly one object so far, but it looks like it will take some time to scan.

Also, I do not have a Grant Key thing so I cannot contact them by chat, getting an answer through mail may take up to 1 to 2 days.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 7

Consumer Technical Support doesn't require a grant number.  It will merely ask you to run MVT first and then connect.

thoru
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

Hm, I'll see if I can't find out that part.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community