cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AceH
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Problem adding contacts to Friends List in Outlook 2003

Using the McAfee Anti Spam Toolbar when I try to add Outlook 2003 contacts to my Friends List I get the following message, "required outlook data for this action cannot be accessed".  I have no trouble using my contact list in Outlook 2003.

6 Replies
user_135799
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Re: Problem adding contacts to Friends List in Outlook 2003

Hi,

Check the date and time, if it is not correct, correct it and restart the computer

What is the type of Operating system ? ( Windows XP / Windows VISTA / Windows 7 )

What is the type of internet connection ? ( DSL / Dial-up / Cable / Wireless / Satellite )

Open mcafee it says Am I protected?YES (or) Am I protected?No (or)Your computer is protected (or) Your computer is at risk

If it says Am I protected?YES (or) Am I protected?No, click on About

If it says Your computer is protected (or) Your computer is at risk, click on Navigation and then click on About

It will bring up the screen of mcafee versions. Let me know the versions .

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Hi AceH,

This issue occurs because Microsoft Outlook must be open in order for Anti-Spam to access the Outlook Address Book (Contacts).

The import of contacts is performed using the Anti-Spam toolbar in Microsoft Outlook rather than from within McAfee SecurityCenter.

Try to keep outlook open and add the contacts to friends list.

Regards,

Dinesh K

AceH
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Running Win XP SP3 with date and time being correct.

McAfee indicates that "Your Computer is Secure (no action is required).

Internet Connection is Cable (Cox Communications)

VirusScan version is 14.0 build 14.0.306; DAT version 5910; Engine version 5400.1158

McAfee Personal FIrewall version 11.0; built 11.0.378

McAfee Anti-Spam version  11.0 build 11.0.261; content version 3393; Engine version 2.1.0.

AceH
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Dinz

Outlook is open when I try to add contacts.  I'm using the "add Outlook contacts to your friends list" ICON McAfee placed as part of the toolbar in Outlook 2003.

AceH
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

This problem seems to be only with Outlook 2003 on my Laptop running Win XP SP3.  I also have a Desktop running Win Vista Home Premium and it does not have this problem with Outlook 2003.  It did add my Outlook contacts to my friends list using the McAfee Anti-Spam toolbar.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

Contact Technical support chat from here and they will be able to diagnose the error and fix the issue.

Regards,
Dinesh K

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community