cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brant
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Popup, from McAfee?

This morning a popup appeared on my computer screen.  Its subject is Security Focus: Web Scams and the McAfee name appears at the bottom.  How is it possible to know whether the popup is actually from McAfee?  I ran the tracker removal and quick search for bad files - no result and popup is still there.  Looks like I am stuck having to click on it - just what a real scammer would want me to  do.

2 Replies
Bharani_BD
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Popup, from McAfee?

Hi @Brant 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused, the pop is from your web browser. You can ignore these pop up or if you would like to stop these notifications kindly follow the below article. Let us know if you find any difficulties.

Click this link to follow the article.

Thanks & Regards
Bharanidharan S

Sarawit-H
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Popup, from McAfee?

I have been using Mcafee since 2017, and I am having this same issue recently.

The pop-up appears almost daily and it is not from my web browser as I have not enabled any extensions or have the web advisor on. I have spoken to the tech support regarding this, and the advice he gave me was to re-install Mcafee (Did not work).

The pop-up is harmless and is trying to be 'educational' for the incompetent users (perhaps?). Not having options to disable this is unacceptable. Mcafee is supposed to block irrelevant pop-ups, not creating one!

Very disappointing.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community