cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kktjg2007
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Please help me with the security!!

I have just installed the security system and I have a red "x" on it.  I went to "fix" and when pushed it gives me a box that says one or more problems require your response.  I clicked ok.  The in the right hand box it says that I need to verify your subscription now.  I did that and it has been verified although the prompt is still there.  The problem is with the Internet & Network action required.  I have run the virtual technician and it says everything is fine and working!  Can you please help me.  I have also unchecked some boxes and selected appy when I went into the problems and the boxes are now unchecked but it solved nothing again   Any help with what to do or should I uninstall it and then reinstall it again?

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: Please help me with the security!!

Hi,

Prompts from McAfee SecurityCenter requesting that you verify your subscription can have many causes, including issues with your Internet connection or computer settings.

1. Check and delete if you have any other security software in control panel or C:/programs files & common files.

2. Click on the following link http://us.mcafee.com/apps/agent/tools/ts/ts_getemail_new.asp and this website will provide a list of the McAfee products installed on your computer and the account (email address) that used when installing these products.

If the account (email address) is incorrect for any of your products, you must uninstall your McAfee software, run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) tool, and reinstall the product using the correct email address . Kindly report back on the above status.

Regards,

Dinesh K

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community