cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davehorne
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

Outlook \ McAfee add-in ... and a few thoughts

I just got back from a three day vacation (in Amsterdam) and had several e-mails from McAfee waiting for me. I have an interesting problem and have spent more than three hours online (with McAfee controlling my computer) with three different techs. They tried to reach me while I was away and now have been elevated to a 2.5 tech. Can't you feel the electricity in the air.

Before I went on vacation I discovered something which I'm sure has something to do with this entire situation. For the longest time I would receive a Windows message when starting the computer (Vista Home Premium, SP1, everything up to date) that the Skype Extras Manager was not working. This was a Windows message though I no longer receive it.

While looking at e-mails in Outlook 2007 (also up to date) I clicked on the second from the left McAfee toolbar\add-in icon - 'Mark the selected message(s) as Not Spam' - and the 'Find Skype Name' from the Skype\Outlook add-in appears! It really seems there's a conflict with Outlook 2007, the McAfee Outlook add-in, and the Skype Outlook add-in ... or not. I'm not a tech you see.

If I would have clicked on that icon (or if the three techs during those three plus hours of ... tech support would have clicked there) perhaps I might have some of those three hours back. As it stands now, those three hours are lost forever.

Just passing this on as a conscientious consumer. DH
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community