cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unhappy2
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Not Fully Protected--Verify Subscription Now

Recently I have been getting the message that I am not fully protected. Within the security center I get the message "action required" for both "Computer & Files" and "Internet & Network" I click the link to verify and I get a response that my subscription is good but it does not clear the error. I have ran "virtual technician", with no errors found --14648831. The only time the error will go away is if I reboot, however the error will reappear after 10 minutes. I try to click the Fix button but that just returns a message "one or more problems requires a response". Any help would be appreciated.

Very frustrating to say the least.

I installed the software in Dec and had no problems until just a few days ago.

My OS is the 64 bit Vista...Current Patched. I can post more info if needed.

Thanks to all that can help.
Version Info:
Sec Center-- 9.0 Build 9.0.295
Virus Scan--13.0 Build 13.0.232
Firewall--10.0 Build 10.0.209
Site adviser--2.0 build 2.9.242
anti-spam--10.0 build 10.0.186
parental control--11.0 build 11.0.378
EZ network--3.0 build 3.0.154
Backup-restore--3.0 build 3.0.131
6 Replies
TomN
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Not fully protected

I'm getting this same message. Except the "fix" in Security center seems to do just that and I'm back to normal again till it happens again. I posted this in another thread and somene suggested to try virtual technician before I click "fix". I see you did this to no avail.??

Haven't got a clue but glad to know I'm not the only one getting this annoying message.
medgirl
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

RE: Not fully protected

I was wondering if anyone has found a fix for this? I get this message every couple of days, usually after McAfee has updated itself. I recently purchased a new 2 year subscription, so there shouldn't be anything wrong with my subscription. After I tell it to verify, it does, and the message goes away, but then it keeps coming back. It is very annoying.
vega
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

I've tried the tech support route, and all the suggestions here. none have been successful.

my problem has been for some reason, the mcafee site insists the subscription to security center expired August 08, even though I purchased a new license and registered it. tech had me uninstall then log in and download the web version, but the web version cannot be downloaded without paying again for what I have already purchased. So I end up reinstalling from my CD and the problem persists.

It seems that contacting tech for a 4th time someone would listen to the fact that the web version cannot be downloaded as long as mcafee's site shows an expired subscription. But this is not the case, but they continue to insist that after uninstalling, and rebooting the download should be available. NOT

I think there is a problem at mcafee 's end, and they are either unaware of it, or don't know how to fix it. none the less, this has been going on for 6 months now, and there is no solution in site.

If mcafee cannot or will not fix this issue, it may well be time to move on. I have used their A/V for over 12 years, and never had this poor level of support.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

The people to speak to regarding registration/account issues would normally be Customer Service, rather than Technical Support.

Top of page 2nd from left for chat or email or phone toll-free:
For N. America:
You may call toll-free 1-866-622-3911 9am - 9pm Eastern Time, select the option that best meets your needs, and they will be able to assist you.
or 1-866-897-9325 press 4 then 0 - direct line.
Hrmc
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Same problem

My new version is doing exactly the same thing - I keep re-downloading my renewal and it keeps telling me my protection has expired. I'm thinking trying to get a refund, then just scrapping it all and getting a different product, which is a pity because up till now I though McAfee was brilliant!
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

RE: Same problem

Well, I don't blame you but as I said earlier, try phoning Customer Service, they can sort out discrepancies with accounts.

For the UK...

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call 020 79490107. You may be asked for your registered email address and order number. Telephone charges may apply.
Estimated wait time: 10-30 minutes
Hours of Operation: 09.00-18.00 local, Monday through Friday
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community