cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redwards34
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Not Fixing

My firewall is off for some reason and every time I click to fix it it doesn't work. It just says unknown error operation could not be completed. What can i do to turn it on my self I see no option?
4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

RE: Not Fixing

Are you sure you have version 9 of security centre. Open SC and select about bottom right corner.

Asking as if you are getting the not Protected message fix 99.9% time works for this version.

In version 8 fix says it works but er lies.

Ok further reading I missed that it is your firewall . Have you any other firewall active including windows firewall?

Run the MVT utility in my sig and see what it says (Note run Id when it says it)

This first thought as well good idea to run these two apps in case something snuck through.

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/supe...freevspro.html

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Download the free version here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
Redwards34
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Yea, it turns out I am running 8.1. Is there a way to turn on the firewall manually?
Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 5

If you are on 8.1 I assume you get your mcafee through a partner such as comcast or Dell If so which 1. partners are slow in QAing new software.

Go in run line ie start run and type services.msc and start any mcafee services that are stopped. In 9 I do not see firewall being stopped only Computer and files and email areas.

After starting check the two scanners I linked to they are safe to use.
Redwards34
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thank you!
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community