cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muppylove
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

No install working with new downloaded program

Yesterday I bought McAfee antivirus software and proceeded to install it.  I received error message and that I should install and run virtual technician,

I had all hell trying to download the program and after going through 2 chat sessions was no further advance.  I needed to call it quits after about

2 hours - my business needed attending to.   So switched everything off.  Today decided to install and reached the vt area again and sucessfully

downloaded it and ran it.  It came up with a problem after doing a pre-installation check - it said I didn't have enough ram and couldn't install the

software.  I had 256 mb until last year when I had another 512 mb added.  Called on Chat support and explained problem. Told they were sending

me an email. Received it and followed instructions to download the program.  Did so and guess what ?  We're back to the same old thing again, went through the virtual tech stuff and I thought I was being sent something that was going to help me but it was just more of the same.  Am besides

myself with frustration at the support issues.  Can I please have some help that is going to work - my computer is at risk.

1 Reply
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: No install working with new downloaded program

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused in downloading the software,
Could you please provide the following information so that we could fix the issue together,

What is the exact error message you receive at the time of download.( If possible attach an picture of the error )
What is the type of internet connection you use ? (Dsl/cable)
The session id of mvt .

note:moving thread to security center 9-2009

Regards,
Dinesh K

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community