Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steveo46
Contributor
Message 1 of 18

New User Interface

Hi Peter,

Is there a ETA on when we can expect the new user interfce.

Thanks

Steve

17 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 18

Re: New User Interface

Hi Steve,

No date for the US release yet, sorry.  It has been released to the Australian servers for new downloads only, so shouldn't be too long.

Anyone getting the software via their ISP's will have to wait longer still I'm afraid, in case you are reading this, that is out of McAfee's control.

FYI the new interface looks like this (click to enlarge):

MoxieMomma
Former Member
Message 3 of 18

Peter wrote:

>>FYI the new interface looks like this (click to enlarge):

I like it! Much cleaner and more "professional".

Now, if they could just figure out how to get the functionality to match the snazzy new GUI! <joking> <sort of>

MM

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 18

It's simplified compared with the current UI and it uses fewer resources apparently.

kaos23
Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Steveo46
Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Hi,

I got a response from you, maybe because my original quetion was Is ther a ETA on the new user interface.I see you wrote that you have it. Are you in the United States,because according to Peter the moderator he had told me a few weeks back that is was released to Australian users & had no idea when it will be released in the U.S..

Thanks

Steve

The_Narc
Former Member
Message 7 of 18

Helllo,

I can assure you that at least it can be downloaded from the Aussie, Brit and American servers the latest version of McAfee Download Manager. And if I'm right, it will install the 2010 version of your current product, just log into any of those with your account. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

BTW any idea when will it hit the Spanish server? Thx in adv.

Cheers,

The_Narc

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 18

I did an uninstall, cleanup and reinstall last night and it came in from the US servers.

Steveo46
Contributor
Message 9 of 18

Peter,

So the new user interface was released to the U.S Servers.I remeber you saying that it will come in a update that requires a reboot.I recieved a normal DAT update this morning.

I am alittle confused

Thanks

Steve

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 18

It's still not 100% released I would imagine.  They release it slowly, first for a percentage of fresh installation, then more, then eventually for updates.

Edit: Moved this to SecurityCenter 10 - 2010 by the way.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 08/02/10 6:29:27 EST AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community