Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blair
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Need to kill one subscription and merge in new one

Jump to solution

The short version: I have two computers and two separate subscriptions. Both are active but one is about to expire. I bought a second license for the other account which is not going to expire for a while, and I need to move it to the one about to expire.

How?

- - - -

Here's a long version...

I bought two Dell computers at different times. Each came with a 12 month trial for SecurityCenter. Each account (not knowing it would matter later) was registered with a different e-mail address. (One for me; one for my wife.)

So...

Computer #1 bought in November has e-mail address #1

Computer #2 bought in January has e-mail address #2

Computer #1 has a renewed, paid for license.

Computer #2 is about to expire.

Today I bought a second copy of the license with address #1 account (cheaper than renewing the second separately,) so now I want computer #2 to use this second copy which is also merging them under one e-mail address.  I am current sitting at computer #2.

What should I do?

- - - -

Here are my concerns. I tried deactivating Computer #2  account using the software thinking it would happen right away but was given a message it would take several days. The subscription expires in 6 days, so I was trying to do this immediately and still don't know if it would matter. The program and my browser are "linked." When I visit "My Account" it auto fills in the e-mail for Computer #2's subscription. While at Computer #2, it will not let me log into Computer #1's account. I try and it does nothing but reset showing e-mail #2 again (This is what I originally was expecting to do to activate the new license.)  Though it seems a logical option, I am 'afraid' to update C#2's account info with the address of C#1 thinking I might invalidate the license somehow, killing one or both accounts, or at least being told the e-mail already in use. Then there's uninstalling, which I'm not sure if that would just kill the software but still can't reinstall under the new license.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Need to kill one subscription and merge in new one

Jump to solution

Only Customer Service can sort that out for you.  They are free to call or you can use the online chat, linked under Useful Linkis at the top of this page.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Only Customer Service can sort that out for you.  They are free to call or you can use the online chat, linked under Useful Linkis at the top of this page.

blair
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thank you (if I had noticed that was even up there, I would not have signed up for this account in the first place.)

My issues via the technitian's help have been resolved.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Good.  All the best 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community