cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kgerry
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Need to Activate McAfee

since i installed Total protection 2009 it says i need to activate the program. I have tried many times and it will not activate. I have also uninstalled the program and ran the MCPR removal tool and when i reinstall McAfee i get the same scenario....
XP Home, Total Pro 2009

when i reinstall the program everything seems cool until the next time i start my computer, then it says i need to activate again...and wont let me..... this is insane... i cannot uninstalled, clean and reinstall the program every time i want to use my computer....
3 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

RE: Need to Activate McAfee

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience, can you let us know if you installed the McAfee through the CD or are you try to install the McAfee from the website account

Right click on McAfee icon in the system tray and try to click on the product setup or verify subscription in the menu

If issue persists then try to follow the Document ID: TS100364 { http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100364&lang=en_US&prior_tid=6&AnswerID=16777216&turl... }
kgerry
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

i bought the CD.. i buy it every year and when the program expires, yet this year i have been unable to get it to activate... it's good for a week or so after i reinstall it then locks me from scanning and says need to activate....
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Are you using IE7 or 8 (whether or not it's your default browser)?

If so please make sure it's not a beta version and go to Windows Updates and check for critical and non-critical updates.

Go to IE7 or 8 Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click "Reset". Click Apply and OK.
Exit and reopen the browser and go to Tools/Manage Add-ons and re-enable any you need.

Try activation again.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community