cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zman99
Contributor
Message 1 of 1

My Network Connections changing to Public from Home

With the new Mcafee GUI version the computer with a wireless network connection automatically changes from home to public. After Mcafee upgrade to the new gui version a PC which i set the network connection to home at some point changes to public. I can still access the internet but on my router it blocks the comuter ID, so when i monitor the router, i am not sure which comuter it is. I have a second comuter which is wireless and has not been upgraded yet and it does not do it. It is the same model i bought both at the same time, all running windiws 7 Home Premium .  I have a 3rd computer that is hard wired to the router with the new version of mcafee and when i set it to Home, it stays home. It seems to be  a problem with with the wireless settings. I would think once you identify it as Home it should stay as Home. I hate having to change it several times a day.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community