cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cougar166
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

My Mcafee anti virus plus cannot upate.

I installed my Mcafee anti virus plus last week and I set automatic updates ON. However since i have installed the anti virus software there have not been any automatic updates and since a few days ago the software indicated that my computer is at risk not to software not updated and I try to update it manually. And after that it indicated that my programs are up to date but when I checked the 'about' it stated that my last update for all the items listed (Mcafee security center, Mcafee VirusScan etc) was on 15 December 2012 which was the date that I installed the software and it means that there's totally no updates on the software be it by automatically or manually and despite the indication after 'updating' the software that the programs are 'up to date' which is not the case.

And then whenever I starts my computer or every 2 hours, it will prompt that my computer is at risk and the cycle continues. At first I thought that it was my wireless connection that affects the updating process and I used the LAN cable to link the modem directly to my PC but the problem persists. I would like to know how to solve this issue. Thank You.

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: My Mcafee anti virus plus cannot upate.

What operating system and service pack is this and how do you normally connect to the Internet and is it behind any proxy firewall as in a University or commercial environment?

Also what version of Internet Explorer is installed?  This matter whether or not you us eit because McAfee does use it.

What version of McAfee SecurityCenter is installed?  Open it and click 'About'.

Try running the Virtual Technician to see if it will fix anything:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Moved to SecurityCenter for better attention.

cougar166
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Thank You for your attention.

I am using Windows Vista 64 bit on my PC and normally I connects to the internet through wireless and there is no proxy firewall as it is my home personal computer.

I am using Internet Explorer 9 updated version 9.0.12 by the way. My Mcafee Security Center is using version 11.6.

I have tried using the virtual technican but the problem persists as it only solved the 'language not supported' issues and when I tried the virtual technican again it said that my Mcafee software have no problems.

Message was edited by: cougar166 on 12/24/12 8:45:04 PM CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Then your best chance of getting this fixed is through Technical Support.  It's free by phone or online chat and available through Useful Links at the top of this page.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community