cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emtjoe
Former Member
Message 11 of 14

Re: Moving Item from Quarantine to Trusted

Yeah, I did the same thing.  Unistalled McAfee and installed their top competitor's product.  Worked out real well for me.....NOT!!  Within a week my computer had a virus and everyone in my address book had gotten spam email from me.  McAfee can be a first class pain in the butt sometimes.  Right now I'm dealing with an issue where it keeps quarantining  a file from my computer that I have had on there for years.  Now it won't even let me download the program (thunderpopperII.exe from Badgehelp.com).  Like I said, a real pain in the arse.  But less than a pain than spending 2 days cleaning up my computer because their competitor's product let a virus through.  You take the good with the bad sometimes.

Ex-Brit, just do me one favor.  Let me know when we get the ability to ignore a file back so I can reinstall Thunderpopper and rack up those tokens on Pogo.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 14

With the 2011 products you will be able to ignore files when doing manual or scheduled scans, but not from the real time scanner.

Just as one antivirus will miss something another one detects often an antivirus will detect something in error.

You'll have to submit the file for testing.

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Tells you how.

emtjoe
Former Member
Message 13 of 14

Unfortunately it's the Real Time scanner that kept quarantining the file.  I have submitted the file three times now and the only response I got was that it was infected with some GenericPWSy!det trojan.   I doubt that its infected with anything, just a case of McAfee being "over sensitive".  But that's the bad with the good.  At least I'm not spending days cleaning up my computer from a virus that your competitor (Can you say Ralph Kramden's friend?) let through after only having the program for a week

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 14

You have to respond to that email putting False in front of their header and dispute their findings.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community