cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Malky
Former Member
Message 31 of 36

Re: Missing software in the Internet Security 2010 package.

"We can quibble about the features but the bottom line is it works, period."????

Does it??

It did not work on the evening of the 21st April 2010, did it??

It still does not work on one of my P.C's with Windows 7 installed according to other software!!

It does not work on my second P.C. since the McAFEE download screwed it up!!

If it is so good, why does it tell me that I have to pay again, for a subscription I have already paid for??

Could it be that the McAfee program is telling me that I have SIX, yes, 6 P.C's on a THREE lisence subscription. YES, that is what it is telling me.

The only $%^&*< problem is that I only have THREE P.C's not 6.

So much for the program that "works, period."

Answers on a postcard to

Totally pissed off user of

McAfee's Internet Security 2010 package

Still trying to sort out McAfee's created disaster

1 Glum Avenue

Discontentedville.

Ps, as per the missing package, this version DOES NOT DO, WHAT THE 2009 PACKAGE DID REGARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION, and the control of said. Your opinion may be viable, but it is not the only opinion which MUST be taken into consideration.

Regards

Jarvis
Former Member
Message 32 of 36

I am a little confused.

I have McAfee 'SecurityCenter' on 3 PCs.

One has the 'latest' version. (No identifiable Version Number).

The other two have the previous version. (9.15.175)

The older versions have 'Quick Clean', 'Disk Defragmenter' and 'Task scheduler' as part of the package.

The new version does not have any of these.

When I check for update on the older versions, they report that they are up to date.

My older versions also have a much better interface.

I note on your website that this product (SecurityCenter), is no longer listed.

My 3 user subscription is due for renewal soon and I am not sure what I shall be renewing to.

I am very happy with the product I have been using for a number of years.

I don't wish to renew to a cut down product.

Could anybody please clarify the situation for me?

Roger

Malky
Former Member
Message 33 of 36

The 2010 version does not have the Personal Information Protection that the 2009 version had. I am now getting an average of 54 spam e-mails per day now, compared to 4 per day when I was using the 2009 version. Out of the circa 54 spam e-mails, I now get circa 35 directly mentioning my e-mail address. The control of my e-mail address was handled by the 2009 version, but is now open to abuse due to the lack of control with the 2010 version. I hope that this explains the current situation.

Regards

Malky

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 34 of 36

Jarvis,

In the new product, the QuickClean usually lives in PC Optimization drawer on the main page.  Alternatively, you can look in the Naviagation page:

Navigation.jpg

It's also possible that QuickClean did not get installed on your system.  If that's the case, look on the Features page, available from Navigation.  The sample I've used below was for Online Backup, but if QuickClean is not installed on your system, but is available, it'll be in the same list with an empty checkbox beside it.  In this case, just select the checkbox so it gets a checkmark and QuickClean will install for you.

Try this, and if this doesn't help (or even if it does), please post back and let me know.

Available.jpgFeatures.jpg

Jarvis
Former Member
Message 35 of 36

Thanks for the advice and for taking the time.

You were correct.

In the end, I simply went to my account and downloaded the software again.

Reinstalled it and all was as it should be.

This I did on all three PCs and all are now behaving correctly.

Again, thanks.

J.

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 36 of 36

Well, that's good news.  Thanks for following up with us. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community