Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Opera0
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

I get this message:

Am I protected?  No!

Part of your protection must be fixed.  Click Fix now.

When doing this I get the message:

One or more problems require your response.

I cannot seem to get it fixed - this message just keeps returning.

Hope someone can help.

9 Replies
someone_moderat
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Message: One or more problems require your response.

check what can cause such problems ..............see the problem is with mcafee virus proctection ,spyware protection, system guard, mcafee firewall or any thing else. If the problem is with your mcafee firewell then i think you have to be update yur product....if the problem is with virus or spyware prorection or any thing else then after updating your system run a full scan under safe mode.........because i think your system is probably infected.............if mcafee is not able to find any infectiom then check by 'Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

which you can find by the following site http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php choose download now. and run a complete scan .............if your problem still assist then call to any mcafee customer technical expert to help you remotely http://service.mcafee.com/default.aspx.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 10

This is the community help section.  I suggest you repost under (for instance) SecurityCenter 9 - 2009 assuming that's what you have installed.

Opera0
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Hi and thanks to both for very quick replies,

I am not sure why or how it got fixed but by doing a couple of scans, verifying accounts and a few restarts I got the problem fixed - I am fully protected again

The Norwegian Scot in Denmark.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 10

That's good.  All the best for 2010.

The part-Scots Geordie in exile.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 02/01/10 9:01:08 EST AM
Opera0
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Unfortunately back to square 1 again.

Do you have any suggestions?

I know it is Sunday morning - but still??

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 10

Luckily I'm always an early riser.   Not too sure what to suggest other than contacting Technical Support Chat through the McAfee Support link at top of page.

You could try the following I suppose as the installation may be corrupted.  This can happen when Regustry Cleaners are used.

1.  Uninstall all McAfee programs through "Add or Remove Programs" in Windows "Control Panel".

2.  Use the MCPR tool, see this article: How to remove supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MC...  This will remove all McAfee remnants from your computer.  (You must have Windows 7,  Vista, XP or 2000, SP4 to use this tool)

3.  Launch Windows Explorer and delete all McAfee files in "Program Files" but especially in "C:\Document and Settings\<user>\Application Data" and "C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data". You have to set Windows Explorer to show all hidden files and folders (Tools > Folder Options > View tab). Just delete the McAfee folders even if they are empty in all the "Application Data" folders. Can be more than one!

In Vista: C:\Program Files, C:\ProgramData and C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming

If you can't find these files don't worry.  It just means that MCPR has done its job.

4.  Reboot and redownload/reinstall your McAfee products directly from your account at the McAfee web site.

Opera0
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Thanks again - have followed your step by step advice - so let´s see.

Will let you know if success or not in a day or two.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 10

Good luck.

Opera0
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

All still OK since refreshing.

Enjoy the rest of your winter!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community