Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imxotep
Former Member
Message 1 of 32

Menu Scan don't scan

Hello!
I found a trouble with file scaning today.
When I select a folder and right click press scan I see "Scan Options" window.
How can I fix it?
Tags (1)
31 Replies
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 2 of 32

RE: Menu Scan don't scan

hi,

when you say "scan options" are you referring to the types of scan?

what is the version of you mcafee security center?
imxotep
Former Member
Message 3 of 32

Yes, types of scan.
Security center version : 9.11 Build 9.11.109
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 4 of 32

please try running MVT and post the session ID here.

meanwhie i'll ask around see if anybody else has encountered this problem of yours...
dudegymrat
Former Member
Message 5 of 32

Same Here

Same Here. I have the same problem. i will go and click virus scan and it will go to a blank screen and then just go back to the menu. i have the cox security suite(powered by McAfee) and it will do scheduled virus scans, but i just cant view the scan details. i did this since i got my computer. i have reinstalled it like 5 times. i have even got the trial form the McAfee website. still doesn't work. CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!! and you too 😃
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 6 of 32

RE: Same Here

Hi,

May i know the version of your operating system and what service pack is installed with it?

may i also know the version of your internet explorer?

may i also know if you have other security softwares currently/previously installed in the computer?
dudegymrat
Former Member
Message 7 of 32

ok here it is

ok i am using windows vista home premium SP1(dont know how to get SP2)

i downloaded it using firefox (dont remember what version, downloaded it like a month ago)

and i have windows defender. I ONLY trust McAfee! 😃 ( when windows starts up it says windows defender could not be started. i think it is because mcafee "kickes" WD(windows defender). when i reinstalled it iand i only had WD installed i didnt have the error.
EDIT: i did use the removal tool to remove it the second and third time
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 8 of 32

RE: ok here it is

please try to disabled windows defender... you can find it in your control panel...
Jubo
Contributor III
Message 9 of 32

You might want to check for updates/patches at the Microsoft Update center: http://update.microsoft.com/

Use the "Custom" button and install all critical updates and you might also want to install the "optional" updates.
dudegymrat
Former Member
Message 10 of 32

ok i did everything exept get SP2. My sister has the same suite and it works flawlessly. like i said it didnt work when i got my computer. Mcafee was the first thing I installed. i did the thing on IE8 and nothing. (yes firefox is mt default browser.)
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community