Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simrantagore
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Mcaffe reinstall javascript error

Hi,

Can anyone help..

i have tried all the possible ways mentioned in this site..

i have made a new administrator user, removed mcaffe, preinstall and then install.. nothing is working for me

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mcaffe reinstall javascript error

Make sure your system is totally up to date, especially your Internet Explorer, whether or not you use it, and make sure also that all it's (& other browsers of course) add-ons are the latest version.

Make sure all remnants of the old software are gone from Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program

Run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot.

Run the VCFix tool

Unpack that zip and use the appropriate one for your system, x86 for 32-bit, x64 for 64-bit systems.   If in doubt what you are right-click Computer on your desktop or in your Start Menu and select Properties.

Run the  McPreinstall tool

Go to your account and try downloading again.

If you have more problems I need to know more information, what operating system and service pack is this and what version of Internet Explorer is installed, whether or not you use it as your default browser?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

I forgot to add this FAQ regarding jscript error.

simrantagore
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Hi ,

Thanks for reply.

The sad part is it is still not working :'(

i have tried what u suggested and even what is mentioned in the FAQ

i have windows 7

Service Pack 1

IE version 10.0.9

and its not my default browser.. Default is mozilla. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalliung add ons. they are up to date.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Then your best bet would be to contact Technical Support.  It's free of charge.  See halfway down this page for phone numbers, or there is online chat available:  http://service.mcafee.com/faq/country.html

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community