cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tondro
Former Member
Message 1 of 18

Mcafee update problem after installing league of legends?

ok so the problem  is that yesterday after i updated my mcafee, it went fine after i installed the game league of legends. and then the next day after (which is today) i tried updating it at the same time as yesterday and the updater says that my programs are updated, i don't think that's the case. so my question is if it's possible that after installing the game it could've bug the updater for today or maybe it's because of the temp files?

17 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 18

Re: Mcafee update problem after installing league of legends?

That's doubtful and if, when you open SecurityCenter it says protecting and is coloured green, you are fine.

Let the software update on its own and wait a couple of days to ensure all is well.

tondro
Former Member
Message 3 of 18

oh ok i'm going to wait a few days and if it doesn't update i'll tell it here and if it does update i'm going to thank you for assuring me that everything is fine.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 18

Often you will get that message when no update is available, so it's best just to wait.   Good luck 😉

conductorwho
Former Member
Message 5 of 18

I haven't got the update today (still on engine 1686 from yesterday), and I haven't really fired up any online games today. In fact, the only stuff I've been running has been Google Chrome and the Editors & Tools suite for Microsoft Train Simulator.

I've noticed that every so often McAfee won't release an update at the "usual time" of 12:00 PM PST. Whether or not this is due to them developing something more substantial or working some major bugs out of their update I do not know.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 18

Neither have I got it - still 1686 here too.   There is no fixed time for updates, they just happen when they happen.    Sometimes they are very late arriving, other times early, so I've long since forgotten about them.  As long as SecurityCenter is green that's all you need to worry about.

tondro
Former Member
Message 7 of 18

i see, thank you. phew that's relieving

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 18

OK, all the best 😉

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 18

Still Engine Version 1686 here also. Next Update scheduled to be @ 8:51 Pm EST.

I think Ex Brit and I are in the same time zone.

Regards,

CatDaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
tondro
Former Member
Message 10 of 18

i live in the eastern time zone as well and it didn't update...

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community