Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 32

Re: Mcafee Real time scanner keeps turning off

Jump to solution

Don't reinstall from the CD, that installs an old version, if it succeeds, I stated earlier to reinstall from the online account.

https://home.mcafee.com/secure/protected/login.aspx?

tom26
Former Member
Message 12 of 32

Jump to solution

I tried to do that also but whenever I double click on the .exe file it shows "Your pc is being checked for threats before installation" and then halts with no further action.That's why again I installed it form my cd.Installation and updation are successful but activation process is going on and on........

Message was edited by: tom26 on 11/10/13 8:19:46 PM CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 32

Jump to solution

Contact Technical Support then.   Link under Useful Links at the top of the page.

lee_1011
Contributor
Message 14 of 32

Jump to solution

Hi - I am also experiencing this exact same problem.

I spent over 4 hours with technical support where I was assisted virtually (they took control of my machine) and we had no luck.

I had at least 3 hours of tier 2 technical support and my problem remains unsolved.

This is a serious issue that needs to be fixed ASAP please.

Just something to note: the problem coincided with a change in McAfee's user interface.

The first user interface (the one where real time scanning was functional) looked like this: http://www.comparedandreviewed.com/images/software/internet-security-software/screenshots/mcafee-int...

The second UI (where real time scanning will not switch on) looks like this: http://zapt5.staticworld.net/images/article/2013/01/mcafee_internet_security_2013_main-100023070-lar...

It is also worth noting that I am repeeatedly instructed to download new updates for McAfee, then restart my computer. I do this and it just asks me to do it again after restarting (asks me to download & install updates then restart)

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 32

Jump to solution

The mystery is, why is it doing it on some machines and not most others.  You should ask Technical Support to escalate the matter.   As far as updates continually asking to download again, again that isn't normal.   Check your system clock for accuracy and stop using registry cleaners, if you are.

mrhub588
Former Member
Message 16 of 32

Jump to solution

This is the same problem wife wife has on her computer at work. Pop up says computer is at risk. When I click status it says "Real-time scanning is starting" but it never does. It then says" real-time scanning is off". When I try to start it is stays on for about 2 seconds and turns off.

theoryshaw
Former Member
Message 17 of 32

Jump to solution

fyi...Having the same problem.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 18 of 32

Jump to solution

I would follow the advice I already posted in this thread.

michael56
Contributor
Message 19 of 32

Jump to solution

With all these other people having this same issue, is there anything we can do to escalate this to the McAfee support team to find a permanent solution?  Everyone on this thread are just applying band-aids / work-arounds.  Reinstalling is not the solution.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 20 of 32

Jump to solution

Ask Technical Support to escalate your case.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community