Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dyacoctmph02
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Mcafee Antivirus Plus Offline Update

Hi,

There are more than  100 pcs installed with Mcafee Antivirus Plus at my various offices . Internet Connection is activated through Proxy server. Everytime when I update the antivirus i need to start the Proxy and then its time taking process as sometimes connection is lost. Then I have to start from the begining.

I would like to know whether I can update the Antivirus from the directory or I can provide the Proxy Server's details to Antivirus.

Please try to answer this asap as I see its a big issue.

Milind

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mcafee Antivirus Plus Offline Update

Home products have to be online to update directly as they poll at regular intervals for them, they can't be updated manually as can the Enterprise version (except by right-clicking the taskbar icon and selecting 'Check for Updates' but an Internet connection is needed of course) .

On the product pages you will see that part of the System Requirements is an Internet Connection.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/01/11 7:34:30 EST AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Sorry I forgot you asked about updating through proxy servers.   There is an online KB about this HERE.

If that doesn't help & it probably wont then I suggest opening a case with Consumer Technical Support Chat, linked under 'Useful Links' at the top of this page & asking for immediate escalation.

However, updating through a proxy has always been a thorny issue (i.e. not possible) for the Consumer products and therefore I have asked for help internally with this.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/01/11 7:57:13 EST AM
dyacoctmph02
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Thank you very much for your information but the problem still persists.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

I finally got a response from the McAfee people.  Basically the home products weren't designed for this use and you should really be using the Enterprise or Small Business products when a proxy is involved.

That said, if the proxy is NOT authenticated (i.e. non passworded) then McAfee should work OK as it adopts whatever Internet Explorer's settings are.

If not try this:  http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MSCPRXFIX.exe

Contact Technical Support Chat for further assistance.   Link under Useful Links above.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/01/11 5:27:53 EST PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community