cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 301 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Ok it appears that the recent small patch did not fix the issue so is anyone game and want to try the 10.5 beta version. The list of fixes definately state that the issue is included in the fixes.

www.beta.mcafee.com You will need to uninstall with the MCPR tool and then install the beta ( It is stable I have been running it since it came out 2 weeks ago.

To uninstall you need to use the beta's own MCPR tool and Mvt program that are included on your beta account page.

I ask this as we need to get a confirmation from you the users that the issue is fixed in 10.5.  You can then stay on 10.5 till the issue is fixed on the production version if you wish.

I know big ask but can someone try this please.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 18/04/10 8:19:45 AM
gwayles1
Former Member
Message 302 of 1,143

Not me. I'm at the point where I don't trust McAfee's technical abilities. If the beta fails to work correctly, then the beta users will be stuck with the fallout.

Peacekeeper
Message 303 of 1,143

Not really the beta has been on my Pc for 4 years and never in that time wrecked anything. I do really need someone to confirm or deny it works so I can mention it at our Monday mod call.

the beta uninstalls fine I have been swapping it on and off my wife's PC to test it and the new production patch but unfortunately only have win 7 installed / available.

Carla13
Former Member
Message 304 of 1,143

After four attempted reboots this morning we've had enough. Getting this programme off these computers and keeping it off until it gets fixed.

Cheers.

Peacekeeper
Message 305 of 1,143

Ok who of you haven't Parental controls installed

Carla13
Former Member
Message 306 of 1,143

Can't tell you or do much of anything as all we have is a large white rectangle when McAfee opens on ours.

No idea what the thing is up to.

Cheers.

gwayles1
Former Member
Message 307 of 1,143

Do NOT have parental controls installed (and don't want to).

Peacekeeper
Message 308 of 1,143

RE security centre showing as a white box I asked the techs and they suggesd the below. unsure if it would help or whether a uninstall reinstall would be better but worth a try.

Update Windows Script 5.7 for  Windows XP

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displa...

then you need to manually re-register the newer vbscript and jscript dlls. 

In a command  prompt, type

Regsvr32  vbscript & Regsvr32 jscript

Carla13
Former Member
Message 309 of 1,143

Peacekeeper,

Had the same idea as you re uninstall/reinstall.

Downloaded McAfee and saved rather than run it yesterday. Tried to remove program via Add or Remove Programs, wouldn't let me do it, period. So ran McAfee self extractor and got it to remove program but cancelled a new install until I set up a restore point as a backup. Mind you this is the second or third uninstall/reinstall we have had to do thus far, getting pretty sick of this.

I have Kaspersky on our laptops and was thinking of switching to McAfee, but I think we shall stick with Kaspersky in future.

Thx and Cheers.

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 310 of 1,143

Peacekeeper

Parent controls are on the programme but its not active on mine.

To be honest this release really "stinks". Its full of bugs, Not only this grave problem, but the Scheduled Scanner does not work on the time set. My Automatic updates I don't think are working as they should. There has been no updates on mines for 2 days??

Too many problems with this, and i am totally and utterly fed up with McAfee support sending me emails, saying they have tried to contact me phone. McAfee have not tried, and if they do you cannot understand what they say?

If my Scheduled Scan does not work tomorrow (Wed) then this programme is being ditched and going to AVG free.

Had enough. And most certainly cannot recommend McAfee again, have done lots of times, but no more. Its rubbish.

Oh Whoopppee I had an automatic update first one for 2 days, next one is 12.06 today, we will see.

Message was edited by: Nisa51 on 20/04/10 02:23:07 CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community