cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmckee
Contributor III
Message 1061 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Looks like there is still something causing the error that was not fixed in the update. About a day or so after the update came down I got the shutdown error. That was about 2.5 weeks ago. Just last night , again the error appeared at shutdown.

mcscotty57
Contributor III
Message 1062 of 1,143

After updated to Security Center version 10.5.195, VirusScan 14.5 and Firewall 11.5.135, few days ago, the shutdown error seems to be fixed.

Good work! 

Peacekeeper
Message 1063 of 1,143

Was there an update just before it?

nsquire
Former Member
Message 1064 of 1,143

@peacekeeper

When a program is uninstalled, it's obvious that a rollback facility is mandatory just in case the reinstall fails.

Anyway, originally I got McAfee free from Acer (2 years ago) which is not in the list.

Meanwhile I have renewed subscriptions twice and who should I contact now?

Acer?? McAfee was for free so they don't bother.

Regards

Peacekeeper
Message 1065 of 1,143

The rollback option is on our wish list for 2011 version whether it makes it is anyone's guess. The other option is to have a sever that is kept on the old version that 1 can download it from. This is being considered.

Re your version when you renewed was this via acer and free? Where did you get you downloads from ie have you to download via acer web site or have you a mcafee logon/registration?

jmckee
Contributor III
Message 1066 of 1,143

Yes. The daily DAT update took place when i logged on and the error message came when I eventually logged off.

Peacekeeper wrote:

Was there an update just before it?

nsquire
Former Member
Message 1067 of 1,143

@peacekeeper

I have a McAfee logon and registration. I've paid for the renewal.

Where does that leave me in terms of reinstalling?

Peacekeeper
Message 1068 of 1,143

You logon and it will say what you have available to download

Peacekeeper
Message 1069 of 1,143

What versions of Security centre and firewall is it showing. Also who did you get Mcafee from was it online/ box or supplied by an ISP etc? Also what Affid is it showing?

Wait for the next update shutdown (note if it occurs) and reboot and play around for a bit then shutdown and see if it comes back.

jmckee
Contributor III
Message 1070 of 1,143

Security Center 10.5  build 10.5.195

Firewall 11.5  build 11.5.135

Affid is 0

The software came from the online site.

Peacekeeper wrote:

What versions of Security centre and firewall is it showing. Also who did you get Mcafee from was it online/ box or supplied by an ISP etc? Also what Affid is it showing?

Wait for the next update shutdown (note if it occurs) and reboot and play around for a bit then shutdown and see if it comes back.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community