Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 1111 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Mullie:

Can you tell the software to update? I'd like for it to check for a new version.

Mullie
Former Member
Message 1112 of 1,143

have run update 8or 9 times

Your programs are up to date

automatic updates  ON

next check  16 September 2010 00.03

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 1113 of 1,143

Grrr. Yeah, when it checks to see if you're up to date, it's reporting on your Virus DAT and Engine, not the software itself. It's weird, but all our products have always reported that way. Let me talk with my Tier 3 and see what they can find out. What country are you in?

EDITED: Let it never be said that I don't admit when I'm wrong *grin*. Tier 3 has just assured me that it DOES check for the newest software version when you check for updates. I stand corrected!!

So what we'd like to know now is what country are you located in, and did you purchase your software directly from McAfee, or was it given to you from your ISP or computer manufacturer?

Message was edited by: Somer Pyron on 9/15/10 1:50:45 PM CDT
Mullie
Former Member
Message 1114 of 1,143

Sent PM

Brit in Spain

got the product from McAfee when offered to test product after it trashed my computer

Mullie
Former Member
Message 1115 of 1,143

Thanks to  Somer Pyron I am now up to date thanks for all your help without which I would be well and truly stuck.

it was nice to talk with you.

Mullie wrote:

Sent PM

Brit in Spain

got the product from McAfee when offered to test product after it trashed my computer

Mezzy
Contributor
Message 1116 of 1,143

Hi, been a while since i posted on this forum.

The error on shutdown issue has been fixed for me, however I have noticed that my pc is taking a long time to actually shut down, just keeps saying "please wait - windows is shutting down" for quite a period of time before the box turns itself off.

Others have experienced this issue I believe

Please help me on this matter.

Mez.

on 19/09/10 19:16:25 IST
Peacekeeper
Message 1117 of 1,143

Way to test it time shutdown with mcafee installed and repeat with iot either uninstalled or all features disabled.

I haven't noticed any increase in shutdowntime what increase are you saying 10 secs 120secs be nice to get a feel for the issue.

Mezzy
Contributor
Message 1118 of 1,143

Hi Peacekeeper.

I will time it tonight, and for a couple of nights and let u know, i average about 15 seconds but cant be sure till I actually time it.

Mez.

ps. used to shut down really fast when I had 2009 installed... about 10 seconds tops..

Peacekeeper
Message 1119 of 1,143

I would not complain about 5 secs but then I do not know what programs are shutting down that are extra to 2009.  Will time mine on my test XP box as well

Mezzy
Contributor
Message 1120 of 1,143

Hi, it USED to take 5 / 7 seconds with 2009 mcafee,

Last night when I we spoke i shut down at 10pm GMT time and it took 30 seconds from clicking the "shutdown" button to the machine turning off.

This i think is crazily long.

Is there a way to turn off ALL mcafee services in 1 go to try the shutdown time then??

Mez.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community