Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saab900
Contributor
Message 861 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Hi Gene,

I have exactly the same versions.  I'm sure it will update when appropriate.

I understand version updates are not available to everyone at the same time else it would probably end up crashing the update server

with so many trying to gain access.  The updates are 'staggered' to avoid this.

I'm happy to let it update to 10.5 when it decides to.

I haven't had the shutdown message for a couple of weeks now - touch wood.

Regards

Gene
Former Member
Message 862 of 1,143

Don't get overconfident.

I didn't get it for a couple of weeks either, but it's been back for the last 3 shutdowns. I never get the error message on a restart, only on shutdown, and I only normally shutdown once a day.

I does seem strange that I never see it on restarts. If others aren't getting the error on restarts, that might be something the programmers need to know.

Message was edited by: Gene on 7/4/10 1:09:19 PM CDT

Message was edited by: Gene on 7/4/10 1:12:43 PM CDT
Gene
Former Member
Message 863 of 1,143

I'll just wait for the update. It apparently doesn't solve the problem anyway.

cburrows went 12 days after the update before he got the message again, but I wouldn't make too much of that. I've had extended periods without the error, but it always returns.

Chocks
Former Member
Message 864 of 1,143

update you ASAP

edufrnslv
Former Member
Message 865 of 1,143

We now cross end of June line. Would you let us know where is the solution/fix  to this   McSvHost.exe error message that pop´s up on the screen during shutdown of my Windows XP Dell notebook running the McAfee Total Protection (McAfee Security Center Version 10.o in portuguese Compilation 10.0.580.  Afld: 0 Language Pt-br . Last Update: 18-05-2010.

Thanks so much.

Best Regards,

Eduardo

tmgrl4
Former Member
Message 866 of 1,143

Ho hum. Up to 63 pages here and still no fix.

I took off my automatic renewal of McAfee.

I blocked their e-mails trying to sell me more security software.  Are they kidding?

I love Computer Associates.

Good luck everyone.

Bye-bye McAfee.

terri

BTW, I never got a response to the e-mail I sent after all the work with Dinesh. They "assigned" me someone in case I had questions. Sent an e-mail. No answer. At all. Nada. Nothing.

Peacekeeper
Message 867 of 1,143

Reported back a bit that end june promise broken as they found several causesfor the issue. So I have stopped saying a date.

tmgr14 sorry re your email should have PM'd me I would have got action. Will pass your sentiment onto our admin who looks after the lower techs

Gene
Former Member
Message 868 of 1,143

I've been with McAfee for so many years that I can't count them. When I was running OS/2, McAfee was my anti-virus. I've been very reluctant to change. In fact, I renewed for 2 years early this year -- just before this error message started.

A company that genuinely cares about its customers cares about all of them, whether they're individuals or large companies. That's why some companies have such great customer service. It becomes a habit for them.

I'm beginning to think McAfee doesn't care about me, and numerous others like me. A google search for mcsvhost now yields 81 pages of hits. I haven't made a final decision yet, mainly because it will be a hassle, but I'm seriously considering moving on. They won't miss me. It looks like they couldn't care less.

Peacekeeper
Message 869 of 1,143

Gene they do care at least we do but some developers put different priorities on issues. This now is No 1 issue and by pages and views here time they got off their backsides and fixed it.

Talking about this again in tomorrow's call so will update thread I I hear anything new.

user_57852
Contributor
Message 870 of 1,143

By my calculations, McAfee owes me 4 months of free service.  Please, email me discount details

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community