Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hubie
Former Member
Message 601 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Hello,

Been following this thread and just want to add to the

list of people with this error. My wifes' computer does it also.

Along with the fact it takes her and my computer 21/2 minutes

before the splash screen appears on startup and I keep getting

a mfehidk warning on startup in my event list.I'm getting

ready to jump ship.

Hubie

Peacekeeper
Message 602 of 1,143

Gene I do not apprececiate you insulting moderators cf I have just spent $180 buying an old XP box so I can at least try to reproduce XP issues and Peter is helping out here and other mcafee foums many hours daily. Mcafee has downloaded 4 sets of logs from my son in Law's PC and none shown anything so the issue is well hidden. They are investigating another cause and we may hear more in tomorrows call.

We do not condone the long time taken I think they need to put more effort into it. that said we need every1 who has the issue to contact chat to report the issue. Do not let them uninstall reinstall the software it will fix it till the next update just say you wnat it fixed and the issue noted in the daily call logs.The more calls the higher the priority.

hubbie the mfehidk issue is another error a uninstall reinstall could fix that as only issue caused by that I hear is a win 7 64 bit blue screen error on some pCs.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 10/05/10 5:09:10 PM
cburrows
Former Member
Message 603 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown - HERE IS THE ANSWER

I have had this problem on 3 of my 4 computers for some time now and have been following this thread for an answer.  Finally two days ago I contacted McAfee thru there web site with a chat session and I am glad to say my problem has been resolved.  Only problem is I have to do this with each one of my computers that I am having the problem with. The person I dealt with was Antony Snedden who finally solved the problem and was a great help.  I told him that ever since updating to McAfee 10 my computer does not shut down correctly and I get the following error message: McSvHost the instruction Ox6280436x Referenced memory at Ox06e26edc could not be written.  Basically what he did by me allowing him access to my computer was to remove all traces of McAfee from my computer (and when I say all I mean all) and then reload a fresh copy.  They even went into my registers and removed all traces of McAfee from there to.  I was a little worried letting them take control of my computer and questioned Antony about my computer staying secure.  He assured me that I had nothing to worry about so I let him go to it.  If you have issues with with your security and want to try this yourself go ahead, but I found it much easier for them to do it and it worked out fine for me.  I am even attaching a copy of my chat session (minus personal information) for those of you who want to read it.  Finally that annoying error message is gone.  Good luck to all and I hope I have helped!

Message was edited by: cburrows  - Sorry, wrong attachment but has been corrected now!   on 5/10/10 12:58:30 PM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 604 of 1,143

I have done that and the issue returned a boot or two after the next update. Others reported this as well in fact every chat has that as 1st "fix". Best of luck but i fear issue still there.On our call now and they say issue still there. That is what the T3s say that the issue is caused by a firewall file.

cburrows
Former Member
Message 605 of 1,143

Replying to Peacekeeper:  I have gone thru a few McAfee updates yesterday and today and many boots (at least 6) and the problem still hasn't occurred again.  It will be 3 days tomorrow, I will keep all informed in this post if the problem comes back again.  Maybe they (McAfee) have finally got there act together and come up with a good fix.  As I said in my previous post, "all traces of McAfee have to be eliminated before the new install" which they did in my case.  I wonder if this was ever being done previous to now?

Gene
Former Member
Message 606 of 1,143

I apologize for my comments, but I've become more than a little frustrated with McAfee. I was one of the victims 3 or so years ago, after an update that started using 90-100 percent of the CPU time and my machine became unusable. I uninstalled and everything returned to normal, but it took McAfee several days to even admit there was a problem. There was a fixed version after a couple of weeks -- meanwhile I was without protection.

Even though this current problem is not critical, three months with no fix is inexcusable. I renewed for 2 more years in early February, just before this problem appeared, so I either abandon the money I paid or put up with the error until McAfee gets around to correcting it -- if ever.

I know the problem is not the fault of the moderators, nor even the techical support agents, but I don't know how to get ahold of company executives. Since customers get updates automatically and have no way of backing out of a bad version, you'd think they'd test new versions extensively before releasing them. That's apparently not the case.

Peacekeeper
Message 607 of 1,143

Cburrows please do keep us informed we had 2 techs on the call and neither suggested a full cleanup the MCPR tool does leave a few bits around. Will get my setup up and running and see what it does.

Peacekeeper
Message 608 of 1,143

Gene they do test them I have been beta testing the new versions for 4 years but haven't had XP till now. When the 2011 version gets rreleased for beta I will run it on XP as well. I am interseted in cburrow's result I do feel it will return as I have seen it take 5 days or more. Mt son in Laws is atm not showing it but it was there Friday. Strange WE mods have ben onto them for all of the 3 mths though today we had a developer on the call so maybe he absorbed what we were saying.

olf-art
Former Member
Message 609 of 1,143

I've had this error on 1 out of 3 of my machines since mid Feb...Just last nite a second puter ( auto updated to the new look interface a few days ago ) started showing the error for the 1st time on shutdown. WinXP SP3

Peacekeeper
Message 610 of 1,143

Ok 20 reboots(cold) on the PC I have setup and no issue. Ran update 2 times in the past 24 hrs so monitoring. My Daughters PC does not have the issue but her husbands next to it does. Very strange.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 11/05/10 4:18:57 PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community