Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carla13
Former Member
Message 291 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Hi,

We upgraded to sp3, IE7 with McAfee running, although it was the 2009 version not this current version, so really can't help you there.

Good luck with it.

Cheers.

bon514
Former Member
Message 292 of 1,143

We currently have two computers running WinXP SP3.  We had no issues at all with McAfee TP 2009.  When our subscription ended we upgraded to TP 2010 in March.  For about a month we had no issues at all with McAfee or the computers.  Then last weekend we started seeing the same McSvHost.exe error on both computers when ever the computers were shut down.  We saw the error for about a week each and every time the computers were shut down.  Just now the 10.0.580 upgrade came through on one of the computers.  I've shut down and restarted the computer 3 times and so far so good -- No error on shut down.  Hopefully the update will correct the other computer as well.  This appears to have been a McAfee produced error and (I know unusual) not something related to windows.

Eric
Former Member
Message 293 of 1,143

I still get the same error on shutdown, after the so-called fix.

Mezzy
Contributor
Message 294 of 1,143

Yes i'm getting the same error still.... even after the upgraded software

so this so called fix was a complete waste of time.

This is really cheesing me off now.

on 17/04/10 15:25:21 IST
tmgrl4
Former Member
Message 295 of 1,143

Updating my updates.

I had a whole bunch of McAfee updates this week.  I have version 10.0.580.

I still get the error message every shutdown and restart, printer on or printer off.

I'll live witht he shortcut, because even when McAfee deleted it, it took away other things.

The error message is getting annoying.

...especially if others seem to have it fixed???

I have XP, IE8, SP3 and all my windows and McAfee updates...I run a clean, fast computer...it may be 7 years old but no error messages anywhere else...that I haven't been able to rectify with windows patches/updates.

Also, this forum is a small, tiny sample of the McAfee product community. We are people who are interested in computers, and in "fixing" things that go wrong. I have already heard from a number of people that they either never got the 2010 update, or are just getting rid of McAfee. Most of my friends call me when they have problems and I'm no expert, but a lot of it is basic stuff I can help them with.  This one isn't getting fixed by a company that is a huge presence in the international security world.

Why?

Will wait a few more weeks and then ditch McAfee...

terri

Message was edited by: tmgrl4 on 4/17/10 10:21:55 AM CDT
ajmitch
Former Member
Message 296 of 1,143

Seems that I spoke too soon when I said that I had no problems with the shutdown message yesterday evening.  It still does it today.

In answer to TEAMSAINT, I upgraded to SP3 and IE8 with McAfee running.  No problems.  Personally, I prefer IE8 to IE7.  IE7 introduced new security features that changed the Internet Options window and the way that you delete cookies, history and temporary internet files, but also removed the directories from view, when I wanted to manually delete all those, plus files in the 'temp' directory.  Still the same with IE8, but I found that I could now use "Tools/ Folder Options/View" in "My Computer" then uncheck the box "Hide protected operating system files"  For some reason, IE7 wouldn't let me do that.

Message was edited by: ajmitch on 17/04/10 11:02:30 CDT
Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 297 of 1,143

I upgraded to the 2010 Internet Security last month (March), and to be honest I have had nothing but problems with this programme.

But first has there been a fix for this error message??  as I still get it  even after 3 uninstalls.

Also the scheduled scan does not work on mine, it never does the scan at the time I set it to. Sometimes 30 mins. after or maybe 1 hour after, Can never tell when. and Live chat on this issue was useless.

Running Windows XP SP3 with 4g Ram on dual core.

Andytheking
Former Member
Message 298 of 1,143

Hi

Cipher Strength - 128-bits

Product id - 55274-643-9148024-23720

Update version - SP2

Andytheking
Former Member
Message 299 of 1,143

Yoga,

Instead of Disabling all the services why shouldn't we disable only the McAfee Network Manager. It will work

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 300 of 1,143

Think I wait for McAfee to do the fix, as it has been said the error message is doing no harm, its just an irritant

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community