cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 281 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Issue fixed so they say in 10.5 version I am beta testing. So coming some time. The beta is stable and has 20 minor fixes and a couple of enhancements added.

mcscotty57
Contributor III
Message 282 of 1,143

Great!

Will the upgradind be automatic, or will we have to make it manually?

Thanks to the support team!

Peacekeeper
Message 283 of 1,143

10.5 will came automatically but not yet. Actual date I am not aware of. I will update here when I know.

ShawnWallace
Former Member
Message 284 of 1,143

We have begun rolling out a minor update to our products that should address the shutdown crashes that some people have been experiencing.  The update will be automatic (and I believe will ask you to reboot, sorry).

I've been monitoring the incoming crash data and have yet to see one, but if anyone on the forums has received the update and could comment on their experience I would appreciate it.

To verify if you have the updated version, open McAfee Security Center, click "Navigation" at the top, and then "About".  The version of McAfee Security Center should be 10.0.580

gwayles1
Former Member
Message 285 of 1,143

I installed the update. Restarted the computer. Checked the version. Saw that it had been updated following the update. Worked on the computer for awhile, then shut it down. SAME CRASH, SAME ERROR - NO CHANGE WHATSOEVER.

MagicLight
Contributor
Message 286 of 1,143

Yup, new version 10.0.580 just installed, then updated again. NOPE still has error. AND still has that anoying desk top icon that will not go away no matter how many times I delete it.  Gosh, makes me want to use Norton instead.  The 2009 version was A LOT better and and the menu was easier to use.

ajmitch
Former Member
Message 287 of 1,143

Download took place earlier, new version 10.0.580 in place.  So far, no error on shutdown, but then I have IE8 and SP3 installed now.

As for the desktop icon, you won't get rid of it.  It's a registry entry that puts it there and regedit will not allow me to change the value or to delete it.

MagicLight
Contributor
Message 288 of 1,143

I even tried the instructions posted at http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100906 to remove the desktop icon and that does not work.

Carla13
Former Member
Message 289 of 1,143

Hi

We have two computers running McAfee and are getting the same message on one, now both, of them.

As well as the message after restarting the McAfee shortcut opens up displaying nothing, just a blank white box. So whether there is any anti virus working or not who knows, but I suspect not.

Up until two days ago the second computer was behaving ok, but now it doesn't load the first time only after a push on the reset button.

When McAfee displays correctly on the second go with this computer it shows version 10.0.580, and that one pc's on this network, not two, are protected. We are now starting to get the same error message on this machine as well at times.

Crazy product.

Cheers.

TEAMSAINT
Former Member
Message 290 of 1,143

I have winxp sp2 IE6. I want to upgrade to winXP sp3 IE7.

Did you have to disable any mcafee programs to upgrade, or did you upgrade with mcafee running.

Side note. mcafee version shows .580 and no error shutoff message last night, I will see what happens tonight.

Message was edited by: TEAMSAINT on 4/16/10 8:48:04 PM CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community